Lombok Paradise Found: Dazzling 1BR Mountain View Escape (NE65B)!
Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because we’re diving headfirst into Lombok Paradise Found: Dazzling 1BR Mountain View Escape (NE65B)! And listen, I've scoured the listing, and the brochure, and the… well, you get the idea. This isn’t your sterile hotel review – this is the REAL DEAL. Let's spill the tea!
First Impressions? (Accessibility and Getting There – The Practical Stuff)
Okay, let’s be honest, the first thing I always check is if this place is going to give me a headache before I can even enjoy it. Accessibility is a big one. The listing… well, it’s vague. "Facilities for disabled guests" but no details. Uh oh. I'm assuming it's not a full-on, red-carpet, "fully accessible" experience, as that's usually shouted from the rooftops. If you need serious wheelchair accessibility, I'd call ahead and ask very specific questions. Don't take chances.
Getting there? Airport transfer is a lifesaver. Less faffing about trying to haggle with taxi drivers in a new country, more time sipping cocktails. Car park [free of charge], and car park [on-site] are both good things. Means you can actually get there. My advice? Taxi service is always an option, too. Forget the stress.
Rooms and Creature Comforts – Let's Get Cozy (Or Not!)
Right, the juicy stuff. This is a 1BR Mountain View Escape. Mountain views! Yes, please! I'm already picturing myself, coffee in hand, gazing out at something majestic. The listing boasts a ton of amenities, so let's break 'em down:
- The Usual Suspects: Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathtub, Blackout curtains, Coffee/tea maker, Desk, Hair dryer, In-room safe box, Mini bar, Private bathroom, Refrigerator, Satellite/cable channels, Shower, Slippers, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free]. Look, these are the standards. You better have these.
- The Nice-to-Haves: Bathrobes, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mirror, Reading light, Seating area, Sofa, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella. Okay, we're getting warmer here. The bathrobes are a win. The laptop workspace? Essential. The reading light? Bonus points.
- The 'Ooh, Fancy!' Stuff: Additional toilet, Carpeting, Closet, Complimentary tea, Extra long bed, High floor, Interconnecting room(s) available, On-demand movies, Separate shower/bathtub, Socket near the bed, Soundproofing. Having a separate loo is always nice when you’re sharing (or, you know, just are someone who appreciates luxury). High floor = better views, hopefully. Interconnecting rooms? Great for families, not-so-great if you want total privacy and your noisy neighbors.
- Important Stuff for My Sanity: Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Non-smoking. Yes, Yes, and Yes. Please tell me there are non-smoking rooms! Internet access is crucial. Gotta stay connected, and Wi-Fi [free]. And Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! (Yes, this is a good thing. We need to make sure we can go on the internet, if the wifi isn’t working then we can be sure to use the LAN, and if that isn’t working you can always use the internet access – wireless too!)
Honestly, the room sounds decent. A solid base camp for exploring. But I really hope those mountain views are as dazzling as they sound.
Cleanliness and Safety – Because, Well, You Know…
This is where things get interesting post-pandemic. They've got the usual suspects, and I am grateful for it.
- Good Signs: Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Hand sanitizer, Hygiene certification, Individually-wrapped food options, Physical distancing of at least 1 meter, Professional-grade sanitizing services, Room sanitization opt-out available, Rooms sanitized between stays, Staff trained in safety protocol, Sterilizing equipment. Okay, this is promising.
- Other stuff: First aid kit, Doctor/nurse on call, Safe dining setup. Well, you know, it is always nice to know that if you get sick then you can be taken care of.
- The Quirks: The "Room sanitization opt-out available" is… intriguing. Do I want to opt out of a sanitized room? Maybe if you’re a germaphobe opting out is a big no-no.
- The Worry: I'm missing some specifics here. What kind of "sterilizing equipment?" How frequent is the cleaning? Are the staff actually doing their job? Without more detail, it’s hard to feel completely reassured. They can also improve on their listing by mentioning how the shared stationery removed, which can be a vital thing for the safety of your stay as well.
Food, Glorious Food! (Dining, Drinking, and the Snack Attack)
Okay, FOOD. This is high on my priority list.
- The Basics: Breakfast in room, Room service [24-hour], Bottle of water, Coffee/tea in restaurant, and Restaurants. Good start. 24-hour room service is a godsend after a long day.
- The Promises: A la carte in restaurant, Asian breakfast, Asian cuisine in restaurant, International cuisine in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant, Western breakfast, Western cuisine in restaurant. Sounds like a party for my taste buds! I love the diversity.
- The Booze: Bar, Poolside bar, Happy hour. Essential. Fact.
- The Extras: Breakfast [buffet], Snack bar, Soup in restaurant, Desserts in restaurant, Salad in restaurant. Buffet sounds tempting. But a snack bar? Soup? Desserts? Yes, yes, and yes.
- The Anecdote (and the Hope): I once stayed at a place where the only food option after 9 pm was a sad, pre-packaged sandwich. I’ll never forgive them. So, I am cautiously optimistic. Hopefully, the "restaurants" go beyond a single, overpriced joint. I’m hoping for fresh, local options.
Things to Do and Ways to Relax – Spa Day or Bust! (A Personal Ramble)
This is where things get potentially amazing. Or, you know, "meh."
- The "Wellness" Arsenal: Body scrub, Body wrap, Foot bath, Massage, Pool with view, Sauna, Spa, Spa/sauna, Steamroom, Swimming pool, Swimming pool [outdoor], Gym/fitness, Fitness center. Alright, alright! Now we're talking!
- The Dream Scenario: A pool with a view? Sauna and steamroom? Seriously, is this heaven? If the views from the room are awesome, imagine what the view from the pool will be like!
- My Little Imperfection: I'm not a gym rat. I tolerate fitness centers. Give me the spa, the massage, and the pool any day. If that pool has a swim-up bar, I'm basically sold.
- The "Need More Info": What kind of massages are offered? Is the spa atmosphere relaxing? (Music, ambiance, etc. – crucial!).
Services and Conveniences – The Little Things That Matter (Maybe!)
- The Usuals: Air conditioning in public area, Cash withdrawal, Concierge, Daily housekeeping, Doorman, Dry cleaning, Elevator, Facilities for disabled guests, Ironing service, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Safety deposit boxes. Standard.
- The "Nice Touches": Contactless check-in/out, Convenience store, Currency exchange, Food delivery, Gift/souvenir shop, Invoice provided. Contactless check-in is good, less human interaction is good.
- The "Whoa, Fancy!" Stuff: Babysitting service, Business facilities, Meeting/banquet facilities, On-site event hosting, Outdoor venue for special events. Very nice to have!
- The "Huh?": Shrine. A shrine? In the hotel? That’s…. interesting. Is it accessible to guests? What's the vibe?
Getting Around – Because You Gotta Get Out and Explore
- The Essentials: Airport transfer, Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site], Taxi service, Valet parking. Great.
- The Quirks: Bicycle parking, Car power charging station. I didn't see the word "Pet," so I'm assuming no pets for this hotel.
Overall Impression (and THAT Offer!)
Lombok Paradise Found: Dazzling 1BR Mountain View Escape (NE65B)! has potential. The room sounds comfortable, the dining options seem promising, and the spa facilities could be amazing. The cleanliness and safety measures are encouraging, but I need more detail. The accessibility is a major question mark.
Here's the REAL DEAL…
I'm gonna book this. But I have to
Escape to Grand Rapids: Luxurious SpringHill Suites Getaway!Okay, buckle up, buttercup. This itinerary isn't going to be pretty. It's going to be REAL. Dazzling 1 BR Mountain View NE65B, Lombok, Indonesia – here we go!
Day 1: Arrival & Utter Bewilderment (and a Mild Panic Attack)
- 07:00 – 09:00: Touchdown at Lombok International Airport (LOP). Already sweating. Not just from the humidity; pure, unadulterated travel anxiety. Remembered I’d forgotten my toothbrush. Mild panic attack. Recovered with a deep breath and a mental note to buy one…eventually.
- 09:00 – 10:00: Haggling for a pre-booked taxi. Because, apparently, even pre-booking doesn't guarantee a simple price. Learnt a new Indonesian word: "mahal" (expensive). Used it a lot. Finally agreed on a price that probably screwed me over, but hey, I’m in Indonesia!
- 10:00 – 10:30: Taxi ride to Dazzling 1 BR Mountain View NE65B. The scenery? Stunning. Rice paddies, palm trees, the whole shebang. Trying desperately to enjoy it, while simultaneously fighting the urge to ask the driver if he’s sure he knows where he’s going.
- 10:30 – 11:00: Check-in. Prayed to the travel gods that the place matched the pictures. (Spoiler alert: it mostly did, except the mountain view seemed slightly less dazzling in person… more like “distant hill-ish view”).
- 11:00 – 13:00: Unpack. Which means, first, locate the lost toothbrush situation, then attempt to arrange my belongings in something resembling order. Fail. Embrace the chaos.
- 13:00 – 14:00: Lunch. Found a local warung (small, family-run restaurant) nearby. Ordered Nasi Goreng. It was… divine. Seriously, the best Nasi Goreng of my LIFE. Ate it so fast I nearly choked. Definitely getting the hang of this "Indonesia" thing.
- 14:00 – 17:00: Stroll around the local area. Found a hidden beach! Well, not hidden per se, but less crowded than the main stretch. Dipped my toes in the sea. The water was warm, the sand was soft, and for a brief moment, my anxieties evaporated. Almost.
- 17:00 – 19:00: Return. Decide to relax, because if you don't, you'll crash and burn. But wait, where's the wifi password? Check messages. Realize I should have gone to the local market for supplies. Too late for that today.
- 19:00 – 20:00: Dinner. A packet of instant noodles. Hey, I'm on vacation, not in a cooking competition.
- 20:00 – 22:00: Try to read a book. Fall asleep after two pages. Jet lag is a beast I tell ya.
- 22:00: Finally, I'm asleep. The mountain view isn't so bad after all.
Day 2: The (Attempted) Hike & Underwater Woes
- 07:00: Wake up. That mountain view, still there. It's a comfort. Maybe it can't dazzle but in a morning haze, it is a sight.
- 08:00: Attempt a hike to the nearby waterfall. (I have a map. I am well-prepared.) The phrase "nearby" is used VERY loosely in Lombok. The hike was supposed to be easy. Lies. All lies. It was hot, humid, and the path was less a path and more a suggestion of one.
- 09:00: Regret the lack of water. Regret the flimsy sandals. Regret my life choices generally.
- 10:00: Finally reach the waterfall! It's beautiful, and the effort nearly kills me. I collapse on the mossy bank, feeling like I've aged a decade.
- 11:00: Swim in the waterfall. The water is ice cold, a shock to my system, but oh-so-refreshing. I have a moment of pure, unadulterated bliss. Then a leech attaches itself to my leg. Minor freakout.
- 12:00: Hike back… even harder than going up. Swearing. Constant swearing.
- 13:00: Lunch: The second plate of Nasi Goreng. Because, hello, it's delicious. This time I add a fried egg.
- 14:00: Decide to try snorkeling. (This time I have a map, but not the courage to go alone). Head to a beach.
- 15:00: Snorkeling adventure. Or, as it should be called, "Underwater Panic Attack Version 2.0." I can't equalize my ears. I keep getting water in my snorkel. Visibility is… okay? More like “blur of colors.” I swear, a giant fish stared me in the eye. I am not a natural.
- 16:00: Swear to never snorkel again. Mostly.
- 17:00: Back to the apartment. Time to chill and recover with a glass of coconut water. And perhaps a stiff drink. Which reminds me, I need to buy drinks.
- 18:00: Order a pizza delivery. No regrets.
- 19:00: Face time with relatives. Trying to explain the leech, the fish, and the lack of a dazzling view.
- 20:00: Fall asleep watching trash TV. Ah, vacation bliss.
Day 3: The Beach, The Market, & the Emotional Breakdown (Slight)
- 08:00: Wake up. The mountain view is still there and, I swear, it's getting a little more dazzling. Maybe it’s the coffee.
- 09:00: Head back to the beach. Beach, beach, beach, all the way! Swim, tan a little, and enjoy the sun.
- 10:00: Find some peace. I'm getting used to it!
- 11:00: Beach-side Massage. Bliss. Pure, unadulterated bliss. A tiny woman kneads all the knots out of my body. This is what life is about.
- 13:00: Lunch at a beach shack. Grilled fish, local beer, toes in the sand. Life is good. Actually good.
- 14:00 – 17:00: Explore the local market. Chaos. Glorious, smelly, vibrant chaos. Bargaining is an art form I am terrible at, but I try. Buy a sarong. Two sarongs. The vendor clearly sees me coming and overcharges. But, okay, it's all good.
- 17:00: The market is gone. I'm too late for the sunset.
- 18:00: Emotional breakdown. Okay, it's more like a mini-meltdown. The reality of being alone, of all the alone-ness hits me.
- 19:00: Order a big plate of Mie Goreng. And a Bintang. To face the loneliness.
- 20:00: Over analyze life, choices. Decide to book some more activities. Something to do!
- 21:00: Stare at the mountain view. It's still there. It’s not so bad. Maybe it's even a little dazzling tonight.
Day 4: The Island Hopping Adventure – Or, My Attempt at Being an Adventurer
- 07:00: Wake up. Another day, another mountain view. Decided to book an island hopping tour. Should be fun.
- 08:00: Breakfast. More Nasi Goreng. I might just stay here and eat Nasi Goreng for the rest of my life.
- 09:00: Get ready for island hopping. Feeling good, feeling brave.
- 10:00 – 17:00: The island hopping tour.
- The boat ride – a bit choppy. Get seasick. Regret the breakfast of more Nasi Goreng.
- First island – Gili Trawangan. Beautiful! The beaches are perfect, the water is crystal clear. The crowds are… less perfect.
- Snorkeling. Again. Swear to God, the sea turtles are majestic. I am less majestic, still having trouble with the ears.
- Second island – Gili Meno. More beautiful beaches. More peace. Less people. Actually finding some zen in the sun.
- Lunch on the beach. Grilled fish again. Am embracing the fish.
- Third island – Gili Air. Very pretty
Okay, spill the beans. Is this place actually *dazzling*? The marketing, man… it always gets me.
Dazzling? Hmm. Depends on your definition of dazzling, honestly. The photos? Yeah, they're good. Real good. Maybe a *touch* over-saturated, like someone cranked up the Instagram filter to eleven. My first impression? "Woah, mountains!" The view is, in fact, spectacular. You wake up, and BAM! Volcanoes. Then, you realize... it's *spectacular* at *sunrise*. Then when the sunlight hits it, and it's just... well, it's pretty damn dazzling. But at *night*? You get a pitch black view. So...it's dazzling for a few hours a day, depending on the weather (more on that later). And the "dazzle" is a bit of a morning perk - no other time will ever compare to the first time you woke up and realized the beauty of the mountain. I will admit I did do a double take on the first morning.
1BR Mountain View Escape... so, what's the escape bit really like? Is it *actually* an escape from, you know, LIFE?
Escape? Ah, that's a loaded question. Look, if your idea of escape is total digital detox, you're in luck. The Wi-Fi is “present” in a kind of Schrödinger's Cat way. It *might* be there. At times. Sometimes it's humming along, and you're happily posting Instagram stories of that "dazzling" view. Other times, it’s like someone unplugged the internet and just left the cable there. Reminds me of the time I needed to quickly download a ticket and missed my flight; so probably not that ideal an escape If your escape fantasy involves reliable streaming? Forget it. If your escape means a break from doing chores, you are out of luck! You will have to clean up the mess you make, just like regular human, and for me this can feel like a huge chore! It is, however, an escape from, say, the noise of a city. Just the birds chirping and the occasional motorbike buzzing by. So, yeah, a *partial* escape. More of a "very, very tranquil retreat."
The "1BR" part...is it a cramped feeling one-bedroom? Or is it a little more... spacious?
Okay, 1BR. Let's level. It's not a *mansion*, alright? Think cozy. Think efficient. Think... you won't be doing cartwheels in the living room. The bedroom itself is perfectly fine. The space outside a bit smaller. But the outdoor space! That's the selling point! In my opinion, it's got a great flow for a couple, but it'll get crowded with more than two. The bathroom? Functional. The kitchen? Well-equipped enough to whip up a delicious breakfast of Indonesian dishes or a quick lunch. The whole place feels more like a charming hideaway than a cramped cave. But no, don't expect a ballroom.
Food, glorious food! What are the options near the property? Can I live off instant noodles? (Asking for a friend... obviously.)
My friend, welcome to my world! And yes, you *could* survive on instant noodles. But why would you? Lombok is a food *paradise*. There are some local Warungs that sell cheap and amazing food. A short scooter ride and you can find delicious food. The local restaurants are a bit more far off, and will need a taxi, and will feature a price much higher than the nearby restaurants. If the noodles are your choice, there is a mini-mart not too far from the place. Stock up. Just don't judge me for my instant noodle consumption, okay?
This mountain view...is it consistent? Like, do I get blocked by a surprise cloud kingdom?
Ah, the mountains. The *promise* of mountains. Look, the weather in Lombok is… well, it’s weather. It’s unpredictable. Some days, you wake up to a perfectly clear view. The volcanos are just there, majestic and in your face. Other days? Clouds. Glorious, puffy cloud armies. You get glimpses, teases of the view, then *poof*, gone. It can be incredibly frustrating, especially if you're only there for a short time. One day, I swear, I saw a cloud forming a middle finger, right over the peak. I swear! I tried to capture a photo but the camera was being stubborn. I have to say, the clouds are the star of the show. At least, they're certainly the most reliable one. They'll show up. They'll change. They'll be dramatic. But, you cannot blame the hosts. They cannot control the sky.
What's the deal with the insects? Are we talking Godzilla-sized mosquitos and spiders the size of plates?
Okay, bugs. Let's be real. You're in a tropical paradise. Expect bugs. Are we talking *Godzilla*? No. *Plates*? Thankfully, no spiders of that magnitude. But there are mosquitos. Definitely mosquitos. So bring repellent. And use it. Every. Single. Day. And night. And, I swear, they bite harder when you’re trying to sleep. Other insects? Ants. Little ones. But the ants are everywhere. Some small flies, some beetles. But they are nothing too difficult to handle. The property is pretty clean. You *will* be okay.
Transportation? Do I need to rent a scooter? Or am I doomed to be a taxi-dependent prisoner?
Scooter, scooter, scooter! Rent one. Just do it. It's the best way to get around. It's the *only* way, really. Taxis are available, but expensive and not as easy. The roads are bumpy. The traffic can be a bit… chaotic. And they *drive* on the left. And the scooters are a cheap way to get around, so if you can just figure out how to get on the scooter, then you're golden. Just, you know, wear a helmet. And try to avoid potholes. Which is easier said than done after the first time. Seriously, get a scooter. It's an adventure in itself.
The biggest "gotcha" people should know about before booking? Lay it on me.
Okay. Here it is. Are you ready? The biggest "gotcha"? It's not really a "gotcha" because they warn you. The hot water situation is, shall we say, *rustic*. It can be spotty. Don't expect a luxurious, long, steamy shower every day.Roaming Hotels