Unleash Your Wild Side: Boma Simba Safari Lodge Awaits in Voi, Kenya

Boma Simba Safari Lodge Voi Kenya

Boma Simba Safari Lodge Voi Kenya

Unleash Your Wild Side: Boma Simba Safari Lodge Awaits in Voi, Kenya

Boma Simba Safari Lodge: Yeah, It's a Safari, Kinda. (But Is It Good Safari?) A Review. Oh Boy.

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because I just got back from Boma Simba Safari Lodge in Voi, Kenya, and I'm still wrestling with… well, everything. This review? It's gonna be raw. It's gonna be honest. And frankly, it's gonna be a little bit all over the place, just like my (slightly dusty now) safari photos.

First things first: The Vibe. You're in the bush, kinda. It's not the super-remote, tent-in-the-middle-of-nowhere experience. Boma Simba is…built. Solidly built. It's a lodge. Clean lines, stone everywhere, that "rustic-chic" thing they're going for. Think "safari-lite" rather than "full-blown Indiana Jones." And listen, sometimes, after a long flight, "safari-lite" is exactly what you need.

Accessibility? Let's Talk Real Talk: They say they have facilities for disabled guests. I didn't have any specific needs, so I can't vouch for the nitty-gritty. But the landscape? It’s a bit… hilly. Think twice if you're strictly relying on a wheelchair. Always best to call and ask the most specific questions. I'm just saying, the paths aren't exactly paved with roses (or, you know, smooth concrete).

Internet! OH, THE INTERNET! Okay, so they shout about "Free Wi-Fi in all Rooms!" and "Internet access – wireless" and even "Internet [LAN]!" Sounds promising, right? LOL. Let's just say, the Wi-Fi was… well, let's just say it had performance issues. Okay? The kind where you’re trying to download a picture and the server decided to take a nap. So if you're planning on, you know, working, praying to the internet gods might be your only hope.

Getting Clean (and Trying to Stay That Way):

  • Cleanliness and Safety: They seem to be taking hygiene seriously. They claim "Anti-viral cleaning products" and "Rooms sanitized between stays" and "Staff trained in safety protocol." Hand sanitizer was EVERYWHERE. So, points for effort, at least. The staff all wore masks. They have "Hygiene certification" plastered everywhere. Do the standards hold up? I think so. Though I can't be certain, but you can rest assured they are trying really hard.
  • Rooms: Everything’s pretty clean, and the "Rooms sanitized between stays" thing felt comforting rather than just another PR line.
  • Sanitization: They're big on "Professional-grade sanitizing services" and all of that. Good, good, because I'm a germaphobe!

Dining & Drinking (The Good, The Bad, and the "Bring Your Own Snacks"):

  • Restaurants: There are several restaurants, or one that changes its name. All of them are very pretty and overlook the pool.
  • Food? The food, well, it wasn't terrible. But let's be honest, the buffet was your friend. "Buffet in restaurant," checks off. "Asian cuisine in restaurant," Nope. "Western cuisine in restaurant," Yeah, kinda.
  • Beverages: They offer plenty of drinks, and they have "Poolside bar", which is absolutely essential.
  • Special dietary needs: "Vegetarian restaurant?" Well, the buffet did have some options.

The Spa and the Stuff of Dreams (and Regret):

Okay, this is where the good stuff starts.

  • The Pool with a View: Oh. My. God. The pool. Just… magnificent. Infinity edge looking out over the bush. Sunsets? Unforgettable. Like, Instagram-worthy for days. I sat there for hours just staring, feeling utterly blissful.
  • I had a "Body scrub" then a "Body wrap" at the spa. After that, I felt… amazing. It was totally worth it. Let's just say, the masseuse knows their stuff. I was putty in her hands.
  • There’s a "Sauna", "Steamroom", "Gym/fitness", "Swimming pool", "Foot bath". I have not seen all of them but they may be fantastic, and the pictures certainly are.

Things to Do (Besides Lounging by the Pool, Which is Highly Recommended):

  • The Game Drives: This is the main event, right? They had game drives, of course, "Airport transfer" to get you there.
  • For the Kids: "Kids meal," "Babysitting service", "Family/child friendly". If I was, I would say the kids were going to be happy here.

Getting Around (Without Actually Going Anywhere):

  • Getting there: They offered "Airport transfer," which was a lifesaver, trust me. The drive from the airport is… an experience.
  • Local transport: "Taxi service" is available if you want to go outside.

The Little Annoyances (and the Good Bits):

  • Air Conditioning: Hallelujah! Air conditioning in the rooms is a MUST in the heat.
  • Daily Housekeeping: The rooms were spotless and the beds were turned down, the whole nine yards.
  • Elevator: Yes, there is an elevator, which is a huge plus.
  • The Gift Shop: They had to have a "Gift/souvenir shop," right? Sadly, yes, it was, in many ways, necessary.
  • Doorman: They always greeted me, and their smiles were amazing!

Couple's Room: "Couple's room" is available, I can only imagine it is lovely.

"Unleash Your Wild Side?" The Verdict:

So, would I recommend Boma Simba? Well… it depends.

  • If you want a rustic, off-the-grid bush experience? Probably not.
  • If you're looking for a comfortable, well-appointed lodge with amazing pool views, decent food, and a convenient base for safari adventures? Yeah, absolutely. It's not perfect, but the positives (that pool, the spa, the friendly staff) definitely outweigh the little quirks.

My Personal Takeaway:

The best part? Watching the sunset over the savannah, cocktail in hand, after a long day of… well, not roughing it. It was idyllic. It was relaxing. It was exactly what I needed.

Here’s a (Very Messy) Offer to Get You There:

Ready to Unleash Your (Slightly Pampered) Wild Side?

Book your stay at Boma Simba Safari Lodge now and get:

  • A Free upgrade to a room with a balcony facing the pool (Limited Availability!).
  • A complimentary cocktail at the poolside bar upon arrival (Because you deserve it!).
  • 10% off all spa treatments (Get those massages booked, honey!).
  • A guaranteed spot on the best game drives (Get close to that wildlife!).
  • Free Airport transfers.

But hurry! This offer is only valid for bookings made in the next two weeks!

(Disclaimer: Wi-Fi performance not guaranteed. Bring a book. Or a friend. Or both.)

Book your adventure at Boma Simba Safari Lodge today!

Uncover Hakone's Hidden Gem: Laforet Hakone Gora Yunosumika!

Book Now

Boma Simba Safari Lodge Voi Kenya

Boma Simba Safari Lodge Voi Kenya

Boma Simba Safari Lodge: My Brain Dump of a Kenyan Adventure (Probably)

Okay, so I’m supposed to be crafting a sensible itinerary for Boma Simba Safari Lodge in Voi, Kenya. But honestly? My brain is still half-stuck on the last mosquito that tried to eat me alive in the Mombasa hotel room. So, apologies in advance for the mess. This is less a polished travelogue and more… well, a brain dump. Buckle up, buttercups.

Day 1: Arrival! (Maybe, if the plane doesn't fall apart)

  • Morning: Hopefully arrive at Moi International Airport (MBA) in Mombasa. The flight? Pray for no screaming babies and functional air conditioning. My survival kit includes: noise-canceling headphones (essential!), a book I'll probably only glance at, and a desperate hope for in-flight entertainment that isn't… well, the airline safety video playing on repeat.
  • Mid-morning: The REAL adventure begins! Depending on how the car rental chaos unfolds (I’ve heard horror stories), we’ll be hitting the road to Voi. This is where the adventure gets real. The drive is supposed to take roughly four hours. "Roughly" is the key word here!
  • Lunch: Pack a picnic, because roadside stops look sketchy to my western eyes. (Also, I get hangry. Really, really hangry.) Sandwich-wise or maybe some of the local snack? I'm excited to try some new food.
  • Afternoon: Arrive at Boma Simba Safari Lodge! Okay, time to breathe, unpack, and start relaxing. The lodge is supposed to be stunning. I'm picturing myself sprawling by the pool. But like, I've learned that reality rarely matches the brochures. Anticipation is everything.
  • Evening: Dinner at the lodge. Pray for less mosquito. Looking forward to the view as the day ends. I’m imagining a feast of local cuisine… fingers crossed it tastes better than it smells! Follow up with the first night sleep in the safari lodge.

Day 2: Safari Shenanigans and… Sunburn?

  • Sunrise: Okay, this is where I ACTUALLY commit to waking up early. My goal is to catch the dawn on a game drive, which is something. I'm excited, I'll admit it. Hoping to spot elephants, lions, giraffes… basically, the entire cast of the Lion King. I’m mentally preparing to be amazed (and maybe a little terrified).
  • Morning: Game drive! Hopefully, the driver is a good one. I've been warned to, not to take any chances and wear strong sunscreen.
  • Mid-day: Lunch back at the lodge. Hopefully, the food is delicious because I'm already famished. Time to chill by the pool. Sunscreen application round two (or three, if I’m honest).
  • Afternoon: This is where it gets… messy. Maybe explore the lodge grounds, read, or try to master the art of doing nothing. The later possibility is honestly terrifying to me. The main thing is to keep myself busy.
  • Evening: Another beautiful dinner! I hope I don't get lost! This will be another chance to meet some interesting people and ask them questions. I hope to hear some stories and learn more about this wonderful experience.

Day 3: The "I Can't Believe I'm Actually Doing This" Day

  • Morning: Okay, let’s tackle another morning game drive! This time, I’m hoping to not be the one shrieking at a bush. I'll force myself to use my camera. I'm thinking about taking one last look to make sure I didn't miss any animal.
  • Mid-day: A final delicious lunch at the lodge.
  • Afternoon: This is where it all gets a little hazy. If the lodge offers any activities, I might succumb. I’m usually pretty good at avoiding the crowds.
  • Evening: Farewell dinner. Reluctantly pack my bags. The reality of going back to the real world looms…

Day 4: The "Saying Goodbye & The long journey home"

  • Breakfast: My stomach is still digesting my last meal and has started to feel a little bit better.
  • Check-out/Transfer: Check out of the lodge. This experience has been amazing and I'm sad that it's coming to an end.
  • Morning: I'm starting to feel relieved now that I'm taking off and get through security.
  • Mid-day: My journey back home begins.
  • Afternoon: Waiting in the airport for my flight back home.
  • Evening: Back at home.

Random Thoughts & Imperfections That You Didn't Ask For:

  • Mosquitoes: I'm dreading the mosquito situation. I'm a mosquito magnet, and I'm already imagining the itchy hell that awaits me.
  • The Food: I have a sensitive stomach, so I'm both excited and nervous about trying the local cuisine. I will try pretty much anything.
  • The Animals: I’m praying for incredible wildlife sightings. Lions, giraffes, elephants… the works! The feeling of being on safari is something I'm constantly searching for.
  • The People: I'm hoping to connect with the locals. Learning their stories and hearing about their lives is more important than endless wildlife spotting.
  • The Internet: I'm bracing myself for limited Wi-Fi. Will I survive? Probably, but I might need the internet.
  • My Mood: Who knows how I'll feel on any given day? This kind of travel is an experience. So, I'm trying to keep myself open to new experiences and be less critical.

Final rambling

This isn't the perfectly polished itinerary. It's messy. It's probably missing things. It's full of anxieties and wild hopes. But hey, that's how I actually travel. Ultimately, I will make the most of this trip.

Luxury Chateau Getaway: 4-Person French Escape (Near Le Chesnay)!

Book Now

Boma Simba Safari Lodge Voi Kenya

Boma Simba Safari Lodge Voi Kenya

Unleash Your Wild Side: Boma Simba Safari Lodge Awaits - The REALLY Real FAQs

Okay, so, *Boma Simba*… Is it actually worth the trek to Voi? Be honest. I’m talking, REALLY honest.

Alright, buckle up, because "honestly" is my middle name (it's not, it's Brenda, but you get the idea). Worth it? Yes. Absolutely. But here's the catch: it depends *what* you're looking for. Are you a princess who needs a diamond-encrusted toilet seat? Maybe not. Are you looking for a raw, authentic, "I-am-surrounded-by-elephants-and-I-might-wet-myself-a-little-bit-with-excitement" kind of experience? YES. Absolutely YES. My first thought when I saw the Boma? “Wow. This is where I want to be.” The air felt different, the sounds were different. It’s that kind of place. I will say, the rooms aren’t the Ritz. They're comfortable, clean, and have everything you NEED. But they're about the animals, people! The animals!

What are these "Bomas" everyone keeps talking about? Are you *living* in one? Do I need mace?

Okay, "Boma" is Swahili for essentially, an enclosure, historically for livestock, but here, they're the heart of the lodge. It's not a dungeon, thank goodness. And no, you don't need mace. You need… a sense of adventure. You’re staying in a pretty rustic, but charming, individual bungalow so it will keep you safe. The Boma area itself is a common area, a big (and I mean BIG) outdoor space where you eat, drink, and well, hang out. It's all about the atmosphere. Picture this: fire crackling under the stars, the smell of grilling meat (the most AMAZING meat, I'll get to that), and the sounds of the African night. Seriously, the sounds! You can hear the lions roar, the hyenas whooping (they sound like they're having a party, those hyenas), and the general symphony of the wild. I actually missed it when I was back in civilization.

The Food… tell me about the food. My stomach is growling already.

Oh, the food. Where do I *even* begin?! First, forget your fancy salads and tiny portions. This is REAL food. Hearty food. Food that fuels a safari. Breakfast is pretty standard, a good way to start the day. But the *dinners*… oh, the dinners. They have a feast. The barbeque is incredible, seriously the best meats I've ever had in my life. You get a great selection of local dishes. I loved the *ugali*. I ate way too much. And don’t even get me started on the desserts. I, a grown woman, almost cried when they ran out of chocolate cake one night. Almost. Consider it a culinary adventure, and you’ll be happy. Just… pace yourself. You’ll want to eat everything. And it's all in the Boma, around the fire, under those incredible stars.

Okay, safari time. What kind of safaris are we talking? And do I need bug spray the size of my head?

Yes. Bug spray is essential, but not a giant, head-sized one! Bring a good one, preferably with DEET. They offer game drives in Tsavo East National Park. You know, the one with all the *red* elephants? (They're red because of the dust, in case you were wondering. I learned that the hard way. I spent the whole first day completely confused). The guides are incredible – they know the animals, they know the park, and they're hilarious. We saw everything! Lions, elephants, giraffes, zebras, you name it. This is the real deal. I actually got so emotional when I saw a mama elephant with her baby. I’m not going to lie, I may have sniffled a bit. The safari trucks are open-topped, which means you are truly immersed in the experience. It's hot and dusty, yes, but it's also unbelievably exhilarating. You will remember this forever.

What’s the *worst* thing about Boma Simba? Be brutally honest.

Okay, alright, I'll tell you. The *really* bad thing is…leaving. Getting back to reality. The WiFi can be spotty (but honestly, who cares? Disconnect!), the rooms aren't state of the art, and sometimes the electricity cuts out (bring a power bank, just in case, but again, who cares?). But those are minor inconveniences. The *worst* thing? Knowing that you have left a part of your heart there. The return home is always bittersweet. You'll be craving the Boma's atmosphere, the warmth, and the sheer magic of being *right there* in the heart of the African wilderness. There's a reason I'm already thinking about booking my next trip. Ah!! Oh, and, the roads to get there. They’re bumpy. Be prepared for a bumpy ride.

Should I bring gifts? What's appropriate?

Yes! You can absolutely bring gifts. Small things are always appreciated. Think about things people might not be able to easily get in the area. For the staff, consider things like pens, notepads, simple first-aid supplies, or even t-shirts. Small toys for the children are always a hit. Avoid bringing sweets or anything that might cause dental problems as access to dentists is often limited. The most important thing is a genuine smile and heartfelt thanks. The people at Boma Simba are wonderful. You'll want to do *something* to show your appreciation for their hospitality. Honestly, the staff are some of the warmest, friendliest people I've ever met. They make the whole experience that much better.

Okay, you mentioned the sounds of the night. What else should I be prepared for? Specifically, what does a safari at night entail?

The sounds of the night are a *big* deal. They're thrilling, but they can also be a little…unnerving at first. You will hear lions roaring. You might hear hyenas cackling (like I said, they sound like they're having a party). You will hear all sorts of things you've never heard before. Embrace it. Night safaris are amazing! You get to see nocturnal animals, which is a whole different world. You need to keep some of the following in mind:
  • **Layers:** Evenings can get surprisingly chilly, so pack layers. A warm jacket is essential.
  • **Headlamp or Flashlight:** This is crucial for navigating around the lodge and during any evening activities.
  • **Respect the Animals:** Listen to your guide. Don't make sudden movements or loudStay And Relax

    Boma Simba Safari Lodge Voi Kenya

    Boma Simba Safari Lodge Voi Kenya

    Boma Simba Safari Lodge Voi Kenya

    Boma Simba Safari Lodge Voi Kenya