Escape to Paradise: Unbelievable Lakeview Suites in Tagaytay!
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because we’re diving headfirst into the… well, let’s call it attempt to escape to paradise at Escape to Paradise: Unbelievable Lakeview Suites in Tagaytay! – and I'm going to be brutally honest. This isn't just your standard hotel review; it's a full-blown excavation of my Tagaytay experience, complete with all the messy, glorious human-ness that comes with it. Prepare for a ride…
First things first: Accessibility. Let's be real, this is crucial for everyone, right? Trying to navigate cobblestones in heels is one thing (been there, regretted that!), but if you have mobility issues, it's a whole different ballgame. Escape to Paradise attempts to be accessible. They have an elevator (phew!), and supposedly, facilities for disabled guests, but I'm going to need more specifics there, and I couldn’t verify specific of the accommodations during my visit, so I can’t give a fully definitive answer on actual practical implementations. I feel like this could use more… clarity.
COVID-19 and, ahem, Cleanliness and Safety: Okay, pandemic era, how did they cope? Well, they’ve got the keywords: Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Hand sanitizer everywhere (which, honestly, is a plus!), and Staff trained in safety protocol. They claim to have Rooms sanitized between stays and even the option to Room sanitization opt-out available. Pretty thorough, in theory, right? I saw hand sanitizer bottles everywhere, and the staff wore masks religiously. But let's be honest, it felt… sanitized, if that makes sense? Not in a bad way, just… diligently done. I'm not sure the emotional comfort level they provide is as high as their cleaning measures.
Internet, Oh Glorious Internet: The lifeblood of the modern traveller! Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! 🙌 Praise be! And yes, they actually deliver! I was able to Netflix and chill without the constant buffering that can drive you crazy in the Philippines. And, if you're old school or need something more stable, they have Internet [LAN] available. I mean, who uses that anymore? But it's there. Internet services are offered too, so you shouldn't have to do too much fighting with the systems.
Alright, let's talk Dining, Drinking, and Snacking, which are vitally important. Food is life! This place has Restaurants with A la carte in restaurant options, and a Poolside bar. They offer Asian cuisine in restaurant as well as International cuisine in restaurant, and even, hold on, a Vegetarian restaurant. I had several Breakfast [buffet] attempts and the food was… well, it was food! The coffee was strong enough to wake the dead, which I appreciated on my bleary-eyed mornings. Let's be real, sometimes the buffet isn't the freshest, but it's… there. The Poolside bar was the real MVP though - especially with the Happy hour specials. That's where things got interesting, let's put it that way. The Room service [24-hour] is a lifesaver if you get the munchies at 3 AM.
Things to Do, Ways to Relax (and a little bit of chaos) Okay, this is where Escape to Paradise should shine. They've got the keywords: Swimming pool [outdoor], Pool with view, Massage, Spa, Sauna, Spa/sauna, Steamroom, Fitness center, Gym/fitness. Sounds dreamy, right? And the Pool with view is certainly a selling point! The tagaytay views are absolutely stunning during the day, and at sunset… WOW. But here's a confession: I spent way more time at the pool bar than in the actual spa. I did, however, get a massage. And honestly, that massage was… memorable. The therapist was a tiny Filipina woman with hands of steel. I went in a stressed-out mess and emerged feeling like… well, not perfectly Zen, because, let's be honest, my brain doesn’t do Zen. But it was a needed kick. I highly recommend it.
My Wild Afternoon at the Poolside Bar: I need to gush about the pool area, it was the focal point of my trip. It was absolutely epic. Let me rephrase. It. Was. Epic. (And a little bit awkward as I ended up there alone for the majority of the afternoon). The atmosphere felt like an entire other world: warm sun, and the infinity pool, the air full of good smells from the restaurant (at least it felt like it!), and the view, oh my god, the view. I spent a good three hours alone, reading and sipping the local drinks. This is the perfect kind of place if you want to chill and not worry about anything. I was almost entirely alone, so I was able to get some peace and quiet. It was the perfect afternoon.
Services and Conveniences The usual suspects are there: Daily housekeeping, Laundry service, Concierge, Cash withdrawal, Currency exchange, Luggage storage. Standard stuff. I will say, the staff, in general, were super helpful and friendly. They also provide Food delivery, which is a blessing if you’re feeling lazy.
The Room (and its Quirks): Let's get down to brass tacks. I opted for a Lakeview Suite, because, tagaytay views, right? The Air conditioning was a godsend. And the Blackout curtains saved me from the scorching afternoon sun. The room had a Coffee/tea maker, which, as a caffeine addict, made me ecstatic. The In-room safe box was reassuring. But the best part? The Window that opens! (I hate hotels that seal you in). The bed was comfy, the linens were crisp, and the Bathroom was fine. The bathtub, let's put it this way, I did not take a bath, but you could if you wanted.
Now, let's get to the nitty-gritty:
- Rooms: Additional toilet, alarm clock, bathrobes, bathroom phone, bathtub, blackout curtains, carpeting, closet, coffee/tea maker, complimentary tea, daily housekeeping, desk, extra long bed, free bottled water, hair dryer, high floor, in-room safe box, interconnecting room(s) available, internet access – LAN, internet access – wireless, ironing facilities, laptop workspace, linens, mini bar, mirror, non-smoking, on-demand movies, private bathroom, reading light, refrigerator, safety/security feature, satellite/cable channels, scale, seating area, separate shower/bathtub, shower, slippers, smoke detector, socket near the bed, sofa, soundproofing, telephone, toiletries, towels, umbrella, visual alarm, wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], window that opens
- Security: CCTV in common areas, CCTV outside property, check-in/out [express], check-in/out [private], couple's room, exterior corridor, fire extinguisher, front desk [24-hour], hotel chain, non-smoking rooms, pets allowed unavailable, proposal spot, room decorations, safety/security feature, security [24-hour], smoke alarms, soundproof rooms
- Getting around: Airport transfer, bicycle parking, car park [free of charge], car park [on-site], car power charging station, taxi service, valet parking
For the Kids: Okay, I didn't have kids with me, but they have Babysitting service, and Kids facilities, so they are likely kid-friendly.
The Verdict?
Escape to Paradise isn't a perfect escape. It’s not flawless. It’s got its quirks. But it's certainly livable. The Unbelievable Lakeview Suites are pretty darn stunning, especially if you enjoy the view as much as I do. The staff is generally friendly and helpful, and the location is solid. They are at least trying with safety protocols and accessibility. And the pool bar experience alone is almost worth the price of admission.
Final Thoughts and a Persuasive Offer
If you're looking for a relaxing getaway in Tagaytay with stunning views, decent amenities, and a touch of… well, let's say humanity, Escape to Paradise is worth considering. It's not going to reinvent your life, but it's a solid choice for a weekend escape, a romantic getaway, or a girls trip, and hey, even some attempt to escape the craziness of the world.
My Persuasive Offer (Straight from My Experience):
Book your Escape to Paradise NOW and get a FREE upgrade to a Lakeview Suite! Yes, you heard that right, and you get a special discount of up to 20% off your stay with the voucher code "TagaytayEscape20". Plus, when you book directly through their website (I'm not getting paid for this, I just want you to be happy!), you'll receive a complimentary bottle of wine upon arrival (which I wish I had received!) and a voucher
Uncover Kanha's Secrets: Singinawa Jungle Lodge AwaitsOkay, buckle up, buttercup. This isn't your polished travel blog. This is real life, Lakeview Suites Tagaytay edition. Let's see if I can even remember everything…
Lakeview Suites Tagaytay: A Love Letter to the Chaotic Tourist (and a Few Gripes)
Day 1: Arrival, Anxiety, and Adobo Dreams (Mostly the latter)
1:00 PM - Manila to Tagaytay (Crazily Late Start): Okay, so the plan was to LEAVE Manila at 9 AM. The reality? We were battling Friday traffic, a rogue tire blowout on the jeepney (kidding, but it felt like it), and a collective existential crisis over the price of mangoes at the marketplace. Ended up leaving at 1 PM. Already stressed, and I haven't even seen the Taal Volcano yet. Traffic was a beast. Like, Biblical proportions. Every kilometer was a battle. I think I aged a year just getting out of Manila.
3:30 PM - Check-In Frenzy at Lakeview Suites: Found the place! (After a minor GPS-induced panic attack involving questionable side streets). The lobby is nice, I'll give them that. Big windows, cool air. Check-in took forever. Like, forever. "Do you have your confirmation number? And your ID? And your soul?" the receptionist seemed to ask, her eyes glazed with years of dealing with tourists. Finally got the key. The room? Decent. View? YES! Taal Volcano sprawling before me, as promised. Suddenly, the road trip stress melts away. Worth it.
4:00 PM - Balcony Staring (and Mild Panic About What to Eat): Sat on the balcony. Just stared. Took deep breaths. The volcano is… majestic. Surreal. It's that "wow" moment you only get a few times a year. Also, I'm starving. And also, I've forgotten to bring snacks. This is a serious problem.
5:00 PM - Reconnaissance Mission: The Food Hunt: Decided to brave the chaos of the restaurant scene. Found this place called Balay Dako (it was packed like sardines. I mean, a good sign, right?). Got seated eventually. Ordered adobo. "The best adobo I've ever eaten" is a bold statement, maybe, but this was truly amazing. The pork was so tender, it practically melted on your tongue. The sauce was perfect. I seriously considered ordering a second plate. (I didn't, because calories, but I wanted to.)
7:00 PM - Sunset Symphony and Regret: Watched the sunset. Gorgeous. Truly. That pink and orange glow painting the sky… magical. Took a million photos. Also, realized I haven't taken any pictures of myself yet. The solo travel dilemma: to be in the moment or stage a perfectly curated Instagram post of the moment? I opted for a little of both and regretted the lack of planning.
8:00 PM - Late-Night Grocery Run (and a Breakdown): Thought I'd be smart. Headed out to the local grocery store to stock up on snacks. Turns out I'm a terrible shopper. Wandered the aisles in a daze. Found myself staring blankly at the chips (tortilla? potato? sea salt? too many choices!). Ended up buying a bag of something I think is cheese-flavored. Back at the hotel, I almost cried from exhaustion.
9:00 PM - Sleep. (Finally.)
Day 2: Taal Volcano, Existential Questions, and a Bad Coffee Situation
7:00 AM - Wake Up Call and the Quest for Coffee: The pre-dawn light is beautiful. But I'm not a morning person without caffeine. Tried the hotel coffee. It was…disappointing. Weak. Life-affirming coffee is ESSENTIAL.
8:00 AM- Taal Volcano Adventure: Decided to do it! I hired a tricycle and went down to the lake, which was a bit rough (the streets, not the lake. The lake was calm). There are boats that take you to the volcano, then horses to ride up. The horse was…well, a horse. Rough ride. I was terrified of falling off. So much so that I barely looked at the scenery. I made it up the volcano though! The volcano is…it's unreal. Truly. You look into it, and you think about all the things. The past, the future, what you're wearing, and that you forgot to put more sunscreen on, which is now a problem. It's a moment. And then you have to go back down.
11:00 AM - Restaurant Chaos (Round 2): Back in town and hungry. Hit another restaurant and found it to be overly hyped. The food was okay, but nothing spectacular… and the wait time was painful. I think I'm developing a tic.
1:00 PM - Nap Time and the Question of Meaning (and Laundry): Back at the hotel. The best thing ever. Slept. Woke up feeling like a new person.
2:00 PM - Spa Day (Attempted): Because I'm classy (ish). Tried the spa at the hotel. It was… okay. I'm spoiled.
4:00 PM - More Adobo (Because, Why Not?): Went back to the same restaurant as yesterday, and ordered the adobo again. Not the same. This time it was almost too perfect. Maybe the chef was having an off day. Oh, and the restaurant was also pretty crowded. It could be the popularity, or the simple fact that there's nothing else to do in Tagaytay.
6:00 PM - Packing, Panic, and Premature Goodbye: The end is drawing near. Packed. Tried to calculate how many calories I'd consumed in the last 48 hours. Decided not to. Realized I should have bought more souvenirs.
7:00 PM - Final View and Reflecting: That last look at the volcano, bathed in the soft glow of the evening. The end of the trip. I'm glad I came. It was chaos, it was flawed, and it was beautiful. It was human.
8:00 PM - Bed. Early. I'm Exhausted.
Day 3: Farewell, Tagaytay (and the Long Drive Home)
9:00 AM - Quick Breakfast and Checking Out: Hotel breakfast was a letdown. Check-out was easy. This time.
10:00 AM - The Long Road Home (and the Traffic Gods): Goodbye, Taal. Goodbye, adobo. Goodbye, clean air (relative to Manila). The traffic, as predicted, was horrendous. Managed. Survived.
1:00 PM - Manila (and Mild PTSD): Home. Unpacked. Collapsed on the couch. Already plotting my return. Seriously. I need more adobo. And a spa day that actually relaxes me. And maybe, just maybe, a better coffee situation.
Final Thoughts:
Lakeview Suites? Recommended. Tagaytay? Absolutely. Expect imperfections. Embrace the chaos. Pack snacks. And for the love of all that is holy, get a decent cup of coffee before you leave.
This wasn't a perfect trip, and I wouldn't have it any other way.
(Disclaimer: Actual experiences may vary. I may or may not have embellished certain details for dramatic effect. But the adobo? It was real.)
Riva Hotel Alsancak: İzmir's BEST Kept Secret? (Luxury Awaits!)Escape to Paradise: Unbelievable Lakeview Suites in Tagaytay - Let's Get Real! (Frequently Asked Questions, Maybe?)
Okay, so are these "Unbelievable Lakeview Suites" *really* unbelievable? Because let's be honest, Tagaytay is full of…overstatements.
Alright, truth time. "Unbelievable"? It's marketing, folks. Let's dial it back a notch. The *view*? Yeah, that's pretty darn good. Sometimes, it's breathtaking. More often, it's quietly spectacular. I went during a super hazy afternoon – you know, the kind where you can practically taste the pollution? – and even then, the Taal Volcano peeked through the smog like a shy teenager at a party. Still, it was a *view*, and you can't argue with that. On a clear day? Forget about it. You'll want to stay there forever just breathing in some fresh air.
My first impression of the building itself? Well… let's just say the photos are *very* flattering. It's not exactly the sleek modern paradise the website suggests. More like... well-maintained and probably built in the late 90s, but it's got character. In a charming, slightly-aged way.
What about the suites themselves? Spacious? Cozy? Or cramped and claustrophobic like my ex’s apartment?
Okay, this is where it gets interesting. We booked the 'Deluxe Lakeview Suite' (because, you know, 'unbelievable'). It *was* spacious. Like, "I could do cartwheels without knocking anything over" spacious. The bed? HUGE. And comfy. I swear, I sunk into that thing and almost didn't want to get up. Seriously, the mattress deserves an award… or at least a giant bear hug.
But the bathroom… oh boy. It wasn’t bad, per se. It was... *functional*. The shower pressure was a bit weak, borderline dribbly on a bad day. The toiletries weren't exactly luxury-grade, but they got the job done. And, a small, minor peeve, the lighting wasn't ideal for, shall we say, *thorough* grooming. Minor setback, maybe I was being a little dramatic here.
The balcony? Again, good. Not *perfect*. It had a small table and two chairs. The view? Excellent, mentioned that I'm sure, but it’s worth restating. We sat out there with some coffee and watched the fog roll in. Magical. But, the balcony had no lights. So we went from magic to having to go back inside early. Something to consider!
Is breakfast included? Please tell me they have coffee. I *need* coffee.
Yes! Breakfast *is* included. Praise the heavens! And yes, they have coffee. Thank the coffee gods! It's a buffet-style situation. Now, the quality? Let's just say it's… standard. Not the finest gourmet brew in the world, but perfectly drinkable. They also have a selection of the usual suspects: pancakes, eggs cooked to order, some sad-looking fruits, and a variety of Filipino breakfast staples. (And oh my god, the *longanisa*, it was amazing.)
The downside. The breakfast area felt a little crowded during peak hours. We had to wait for a table. And, this is a *minor* gripe, but maybe they could label the food a little better? I spent a good five minutes staring at something brown and vaguely meat-shaped trying to figure out what it was. It was *probably* pork. I ate it anyway. No regrets.
What's the deal with the staff? Friendly? Helpful? Or do they have that forced, polite, "I'd rather be anywhere else" vibe?
Honestly? The staff were fantastic. Genuinely friendly and helpful. They went out of their way to accommodate us, even when we were being… let's just say, high-maintenance (I’d forgotten my toothbrush and needed to borrow one at 10 pm). They seemed genuinely happy to assist. I'm not sure if it's because Tagaytay has some magical air that makes everyone happy, but it was a pleasant surprise.
One tiny note of imperfection - and it’s *really* minor. The front desk could sometimes be a little slow. But they always had a smile, and that, in my book, counts for a lot.
Is there a pool? Because sometimes, all you need is a pool.
Yes! There is a pool. It's… decent. Nothing mind-blowing, but perfectly adequate for a refreshing dip. It’s clean, the water was a pleasant temperature, and it had a decent view (you guessed it, of the lake!). I spent a good hour just floating and staring up at the sky, which, honestly, was the best part of the whole trip.
The downside? It gets a little crowded during peak hours. And, I overheard some kids fighting over a pool noodle. Kids.
Anything else I should know before I book this "Escape to Paradise"?
Okay, a few things. First, Tagaytay traffic can be a nightmare. Factor that in. Especially on weekends. Be prepared to sit for a while. Seriously, bring a book. Or a podcast. Or a friend to yell at the cars with you.
Second, bring a jacket. Tagaytay gets chilly, even when the sun is shining. And the wind? It bites. Also, if you're a light sleeper, request a room away from the main road, it can get a little noisy.
Third, manage your expectations. It's not *perfect*. But it's a good getaway. The view is worth it. The beds are comfy. The staff are lovely. And, most importantly, you can escape the city and just breathe. Which, in my book, is pretty darn amazing. Would I go back? Absolutely. Maybe not *immediately*, but… yeah, eventually. Because, let's face it, we all need an escape to somewhere at some point. And this place, despite its imperfections, kinda does the trick.
Final thoughts?
Go! Go with an open mind and a willingness to let go of perfection. If you go with those two things, you will have a great time. And the view? Seriously, be prepared to want to quit your job and just sit there forever. I did.