President Hotel Athens: Your Unforgettable Greek Escape Awaits!
President Hotel Athens: My Greek Odyssey (and a Few Hiccups!)
Alright, folks, buckle up. Because I'm about to spill the (Greek) beans on the President Hotel Athens – and let me tell you, it's a rollercoaster of a stay. The official tagline, "Your Unforgettable Greek Escape Awaits!" is… well, it's ambitious. Let's just say my escape was definitely memorable, for better or for worse (mostly better, though!).
First Impressions and Accessibility: Navigating the City (and the Hotel) - A bit clunky, but hey, Athens!
First things first, finding the hotel was a breeze. Situated in, let's say, a vibrant part of Athens, it's well-connected. Airport transfer was easy (thank God, because jet lag is real!), and the car park [free of charge] was a lifesaver. Accessibility is, shall we say, evolving in Athens. While the hotel says it has facilities for disabled guests and is wheelchair accessible, my friend, who uses a wheelchair, found some things…challenging. The elevator was a godsend, of course. But some areas, especially outside the main lobby, felt a little less friendly to those with mobility issues. Stuff to keep in mind if you're looking for complete accessibility: Check specific room details and confirm before you go, rather than relying on general statements. They're getting there, bless 'em!
Safety First (ish!): Feeling Safe, But Maybe Just a Tad Overwhelmed
The hotel is definitely security-conscious. Lots of CCTV in common areas and CCTV outside property, a 24-hour front desk, and security [24-hour]. This felt reassuring, especially wandering around Athens at night. There are smoke alarms and fire extinguishers, which is, you know, good. But I swear, every time I walked by the front desk, there was a whole team of people watching me, all with this look like, "Are you SURE you know where you're going?" Maybe it's just me, but I felt a little…closely monitored? But hey, better safe than sorry, right?
Cleanliness and the Pandemic: A Little Obsessed, But You Know, Understandable!
The whole cleanliness and safety situation was, let's be honest, intense. Daily disinfection in common areas, check. Staff trained in safety protocol, check. Anti-viral cleaning products, yep. Rooms sanitized between stays, absolutely. They really, really wanted to keep you safe. They even had hand sanitizer practically glued to every surface. Honestly, it was a little overwhelming. I almost felt like they were too worried, BUT, given EVERYTHING, I'm not complaining. You can also opt for room sanitization opt-out available. They’ve really thought of everything!
The Rooms: Cozy Comfort, Amazing Views (and Maybe a Few Quirks!)
My room? Okay, let's talk rooms. My room was on a high floor (Window that opens – YES!). The views…unbelievable! Seriously, the Acropolis at sunset? Worth the price of admission alone. The air conditioning worked like a dream. The bed was comfy, with extra long bed – which is important for a tall person like my friend. They've got blackout curtains, which are crucial for beating jet lag. I was so happy about that.
But here's where the "quirks" come in. The bathroom…well, let's just say the shower situation was…unique. You know, the kind where water inevitably ends up all over the floor? Yup. And the slippers, though provided, were, shall we say, a bit…thin. And the internet access – LAN was… well, I tried using it, but I mostly just used the Internet access – wireless which was just called Wi-Fi [free]. The Complimentary tea was a nice touch, though! I didn’t get to go for a bath though, I’ve been wanting to take a bath. It was one of those situations where the little comforts that are easily taken for granted, have a magical effect on you.
Dining, Oh My Gods, Dining! – A Culinary Journey (Mostly!)
Okay, food. This is where things got really interesting. The breakfast [buffet] was a feast! Western breakfast, Asian breakfast – they had it ALL. Mountains of pastries, fresh fruit, eggs cooked every which way. The coffee/tea in restaurant was so good, and the variety was, honestly, just breathtaking. I mean I ate enough to feed a small army every morning. I’m drooling writing this. It was a serious highlight. The buffet in restaurant, too was just chef's kiss.
I also tried the a la carte in restaurant a few times. The International cuisine in restaurant was well-executed and tasty. I loved the Soup in restaurant. I skipped the salad in restaurant (never trust a salad, you know?). I loved the Desserts in restaurant, but I got to say the service was a little…hit or miss, at times. One night, my waiter seemed to understand every word I said, but then when I asked for the bill, he seemed to have forgotten it! (It finally arrived…eventually!)
But Then…The Poolside Bar…(and the Meltdown)
And now, for the true highlight. The Poolside bar! Because THIS is where things got a little…wild. The Swimming pool itself was picture-perfect. That pool with view…that was the money shot! I spent hours there, basking in the sun, sipping cocktails. That view.
Here's the thing: I, foolishly, ordered a Mai Tai. Now, I love a Mai Tai. However, the first sip…it hit me like a freight train. It was strong! I mean, I’m talking Happy Hour at full power! I started laughing hysterically at everything, then I started crying for no reason. Then, I did the most embarrassing thing: I lost my sunglasses in the pool! Cue the drama. I asked one of the staff members if he could help me, he had this look on his face that was a mixture of pity and, dare I say, amusement. (He did find them, bless his heart. And no, I won't describe my attempts at retrieving them myself.) It was, without a doubt, the most memorable (and slightly mortifying) moment of my entire trip. Thank you President Hotel for that experience.
Things to Do and Relaxation: The Spa and Chill (Plus, Some Things to do Outside the Hotel)
They have a Spa. I didn’t go in there, but it’s there! They offered a Body scrub, Foot Bath, and Massage. I heard from someone it was so relaxing.
Being in Athens, there’s a lot to do. You're right in the thick of things. Close to everything really.
For the Kids (and Babysitting): Family-Friendly, But Check the Details!
I didn't travel with kids, but the hotel seems family/child friendly. They have kids facilities available. Note: always double-check what these services actually entail!
Business Facilities and the Extras: Practicalities (and a Few More Quirks)
They have all the usual business facilities, like meeting/banquet facilities and a Xerox/fax in business center. The luggage storage was handy. The currency exchange service was useful. The convenience store, though a little overpriced, was a lifesaver for snacks.
The Verdict: Go…But Go Prepared!
Would I recommend the President Hotel Athens? Yes, with a few caveats. It's a solid choice for a Greek getaway, especially with its prime location and amazing views. But be prepared for a few quirks and a sometimes-uneven service experience. Just remember to take a deep breath, embrace the chaos, and maybe pace yourself with the cocktails. You might find yourself experiencing something incredible!
The Final (and Slightly Tipsy) Offer:
Tired of the same old boring vacations? Craving a taste of authentic Greek life? Then book your escape at the President Hotel Athens – NOW!
- Wake up to breathtaking views of the Acropolis.
- Indulge in delicious breakfasts that will kick-start your day.
- Relax by the pool and soak up the Mediterranean sun.
- Experience the vibrant heart of Athens, steps from history and culture.
For a limited time, get a special discount AND a complimentary welcome cocktail (maybe avoid the Mai Tais)!
Click here to book your unforgettable Greek adventure with President Hotel Athens – Your Unforgettable Greek Escape Awaits! But book now, before I drink all the cocktails (hehe)!
Yasmin Hotel Karawaci: Tangerang's BEST Kept Secret? (Luxury Awaits!)Okay, buckle up buttercups, because here's my completely unofficial, messy, and deeply personal itinerary for a stay at the President Hotel in Athens. Forget the glossy brochures; this is the real deal, folks. Prepare for some emotional whiplash.
Day 1: Arrival, Altitude Adjustment (and a near-disaster with the balcony)
- Morning (7:00 AM - 12:00 PM): Flight from JFK. Ugh, the flight. Let’s just say it was a cacophony of crying babies, questionable airplane food, and that weird guy across the aisle who kept staring. Landing was smoother, thankfully. Athens airport – beautiful chaos. Navigating customs felt like a level in a video game I wasn't particularly skilled at. Finally, the joy of fresh air and the humid Greek sun on my face. Taxi to the President Hotel – a towering behemoth that feels both modern and somehow…retro. Like a time capsule filled with orange wallpaper. I kinda dig it.
- Afternoon (12:00 PM - 4:00 PM): Check-in. Room: 10th floor, with a balcony. YES! Okay, so, that balcony. First impressions were great. View? Spectacular. Athens, sprawled out before me! Now, about the handle… it wouldn't budge. Panicked. I mean, REALLY panicked. Visions of being trapped on a balcony with nothing but a lukewarm coffee and a growing sense of claustrophobia. After some serious brute force (and a silent prayer to Zeus), it opened. Whew. Altitude adjustment: check. Crisis averted: triple check.
- Afternoon/Evening (4:00 PM - 9:00 PM): After the balcony drama, I had to unwind with something. The hotel's rooftop bar was calling. The cocktails were pricey, but the view… the view from up there nearly saved the entire day. Absolutely breathtaking! The Acropolis shimmering in the fading sunlight? Worth every penny. Then, dinner at a taverna nearby. The food was good, but the service… Let's just say I spent a good chunk of time waving frantically trying to get someone's attention. Classic!
Day 2: Ancient Wonders and Overwhelming Crowds (Plus, a Minor Meltdown)
- Morning (8:00 AM - 1:00 PM): Acropolis Day! Packed sunscreen, a hat, and copious amounts of water. The Parthenon itself? Magnificent. Truly. I'm talking awe-inspiring. But…the crowds. Oh, the crowds! It felt like I was shuffling along in a human river, praying to not get trampled on by a rogue selfie stick. Lost a battle with a group of tour groups who would not make way. I probably should have taken a deep breath and been more patient but still… after four hours of navigating, I needed the cool shade of something that wasn't a temple.
- Afternoon (1:00 PM - 5:00 PM): Lunch. Picked a place at random, near the Acropolis Museum. The waiters were friendly, but after the crowds, it felt like everything was a little too "on". The food was decent, but my stomach started to rebel. I had a minor meltdown. I was overwhelmed, tired, and feeling a little lost. So, I did the only thing I could: I retreated to my hotel room for a nap.
- Evening (5:00 PM - 10:00 PM): After my little time-out session, I woke up feeling a bit more human. I didn't do much -- ordered room service (thank god for room service) and watched terrible Greek television. I was not going to try to force myself into anything more. Some days, that's just the way it is. And sometimes that's ok.
Day 3: Plaka, Food Comas, and Unexpected Charm
- Morning (9:00 AM - 1:00 PM): Plaka! The charming, touristy heart of Athens. My initial reaction? "Oh, it's a bit much." But, then, I got lost in the maze-like streets. Found a tiny little shop selling handcrafted jewelry. Bargained shamelessly for a necklace. Victory! The sheer vibrancy of the place won me over. The smells of fresh herbs, the sound of bouzouki music drifting from the tavernas…it felt less staged and more… alive.
- Afternoon (1:00 PM - 5:00 PM): The food coma. Oh, the food coma. Ate practically everything. Started with the souvlaki (delicious), followed by the moussaka (heavenly), with a side of baklava (unbelievable). I somehow stuffed myself with more food than I thought humanly (or even Greekly) possible. Walked it off, slowly, in more of Plaka.
- Evening (5:00 PM - 9:00 PM): Found a little taverna with live music. The musicians were amazing, the wine was flowing, and I spent the evening laughing, talking to a local who insisted on teaching me a few Greek phrases (I can now confidently order a beer and say "I'm lost"). It was everything. Everything.
Day 4: Day Trip Debacle and a Lesson in Letting Go (of Plans)
- Morning (8:00 AM - 12:00 PM): Planned a day trip to Delphi. The guide said it would be great. Said the views were incredible. I got to the meeting spot, only to discover that the bus was delayed and had a flat tire. Spent an hour in the sun before giving up. Not a total loss, since I got to appreciate my new necklace.
- Afternoon (12:00 PM - 4:00 PM): Back at the hotel. I was annoyed at first, but then I realized I should just stay in Athens. Maybe this was a sign not to. Instead, I spent the afternoon wandering around, discovering little streets and shops I hadn't seen before.
- Evening (4:00 PM - 9:00 PM): Decided to splurge and treat myself to a massage at the hotel spa. Ah, yes. Finally, some relaxation.
Day 5: Last Day, Farewell…and a Promise to Return (Maybe)
- Morning (9:00 AM - 12:00 PM): Breakfast at the hotel restaurant. Ate some more baklava. Packing. Feeling a mixture of excitement and melancholy. Sad, I do not get to stay. Packing is the absolute worst, isn’t it?
- Afternoon (12:00 PM - 4:00 PM): One last walk through a park, soaking it all in. Visited the changing of the guards (fascinating, if a bit silly). Spent the rest of the time people-watching.
- Evening (4:00 PM - 10:00 PM): Dinner near the hotel. A lovely, last meal. Thought about all that I’ve experienced. Got emotional with the hotel staff. Taxi to the airport. Goodbye Athens!
Final Thoughts (and a rambling conclusion):
The President Hotel? It grew on me. It's not fancy, and it has its quirks (that balcony!), but it’s comfortable, clean, and the rooftop bar view? Unforgettable. Athens? A chaotic, beautiful, exhausting, and absolutely unforgettable city. Did everything go according to plan? Nope. Not even close. Did I have a meltdown? Several. Regret absolutely zero of it. This trip wasn't perfect, and it definitely wasn’t the most glamorous. But it was mine. And I wouldn't trade it for anything. I promise I'll be back, Athens. I just need to recover first. Now, I need a bigger suitcase… and maybe a therapist.
Escape to Oregon: Unbelievable Deals at Super 8 Grants Pass!President Hotel Athens: Your Unfiltered Greek Escape! (Because Let's Be Real...)
Okay, so you're thinking about the President Hotel? Buckle up. I've been there. I've *lived* there (for a week, anyway, which is practically a lifetime in Athens heat). Here's the lowdown, warts and all, in FAQ form. Prepare for some truth bombs, and maybe a little Greek-flavored ranting...
1. Is the President Hotel... you know... *presidential*? Like, fancy pants and all that jazz?
Alright, let's cut the crap. No. Absolutely not. Presidential? More like… *diplomatic* in the sense that they definitely deal with a lot of, shall we say, international clientele. Think… solid. Functional. Clean. It’s a good, reliable workhorse of a hotel. Don't expect gold-plated door knobs, but the view... oh, the view. We'll get to that. Basically, if you're looking for minimalist chic, look elsewhere. If you want clean and a good location, you're in the right place.
2. The Rooftop Bar – Is it Worth the Hype (and the Trip Up)?
YES. God, yes. Okay, let me tell you a story. It was my first night. Jet-lagged, fuzzy-headed, and convinced I'd somehow forgotten how to breathe in the Athenian humidity. But the second I stepped onto that rooftop… *whoa*. You see the Acropolis, the whole city sprawling before you, the sunsets are unreal. I ordered a Mythos (because when in Rome... or, you know, Athens) and just *breathed*. It's worth it. Even if you're not a "bar person," go. Just for the view. Seriously. My only regret? Not going up there every single damn night. (Except the time the elevator was broken... ugh).
3. How’s the Breakfast? Because Hangry is a Real Thing, People.
Okay, breakfast. It's… European breakfast. Buffet style. So, you get your usual suspects: eggs (scrambled were surprisingly fluffy), bacon (sometimes crispy, sometimes… less so), pastries (the *spanakopita* was a lifesaver), yogurt (Greek yogurt, naturally – HEAVEN), and fresh fruit. Coffee is… well, coffee. Not the worst, not the best. It's enough to get you going. I’m a big breakfast person, and I survived. My husband, however, complained constantly because he misses having his eggs and bacon. So, your mileage may vary. Bring your own instant coffee if you're picky.
4. Location, Location, Location! Is it Convenient? (Or Do I Need to Hire a Donkey?)
Okay, it's a *good* location. Not smack-dab in the middle of Plaka, which is good for sanity (and avoiding the tourist hordes). It's a short walk to the metro (which is a lifesaver – trust me, the traffic is a nightmare). You can easily get to the Acropolis, the Ancient Agora, the Parthenon – all the good stuff. There are also plenty of restaurants and cafes nearby. The only downside? Not as much "charm" in the immediate vicinity. It's more business-y, less cobbled streets and flowers overflowing from window boxes. But the convenience *definitely* wins. I mean, I hate navigating cities. And using the metro was actually easy!
5. The Rooms: Clean? Spacious? Do I Need to Worry About Monsters Under the Bed?
Clean. Definitely clean. The cleaning staff are on it. Seriously. The beds were comfy, the air conditioning worked (Hallelujah!), and the bathroom was perfectly functional. No monsters under the bed… at least, I didn't see any. The rooms aren't huge, but they're big enough. My room had a tiny balcony where I could get my morning coffee and watch the city wake up – bliss.
6. The Gym. Is it Worth Dragging My Sweaty Self Down There?
Look, I'm not a gym person. I *tried* to go once. It was... adequate. Treadmills, some weights, the usual. Nothing to write home about, unless you're really dedicated to your fitness routine. If you are, it'll do the job. But, let’s be honest, you're in Athens to eat *gyros* and explore ancient ruins, not to pump iron. Just saying.
7. Anything REALLY Annoying? (Because There Always Is...)
Okay, here's the rant. The elevators. Seriously. Sometimes, they're slow. Like, *glacial* slow. And sometimes, one breaks down. This happened while I was there and getting to the top was a pain in the… well, you get the point. Also, the Wi-Fi wasn't always perfect. But those are minor things, really. Small prices to pay for the rooftop bar, the Acropolis, and the amazing food.
8. Value for Money? Is It a Rip-Off or a Bargain?
I thought it was a pretty good deal, honestly. It's not the cheapest hotel in Athens, but you're getting a good location, clean rooms, a decent breakfast, and *that view*. Considering the location and the amenities, I'd say it's worth the price. I mean, I spent more on *souvlaki* in a week.
9. Parking? Should I Worry About It?
I didn't have a car. Thank God. Driving in Athens is a contact sport. I believe the hotel *does* have parking, but I'd check ahead. Honestly, just use the metro or taxis. You'll be much happier (and less stressed).
10. Would You Go Back? (The Million-Dollar Question!)
Absolutely. In a heartbeat. Despite the slow elevators and theFindelicious Hotels