Unbelievable Luoyang Getaway: Holiday Inn Express Luanchuan Review!

Holiday Inn Express Luanchuan By IHG Luoyang China

Holiday Inn Express Luanchuan By IHG Luoyang China

Unbelievable Luoyang Getaway: Holiday Inn Express Luanchuan Review!

Unbelievable Luoyang Getaway: Holiday Inn Express Luanchuan – A Review That's Actually Real! (Buckle Up, Buttercups!)

Okay, folks, let's be honest. Holiday Inn Express, Luanchuan? Sounds… functional, right? Like a perfectly adequate place to crash after a long day of checks notes… well, what is there to do in Luanchuan anyway? Turns out, surprisingly, a lot! And this Holiday Inn Express? Surprisingly… good! But before we get ahead of ourselves, let me just say, I'm NOT a travel blogger. I'm just a regular person, and my review is gonna be messy, opinionated, and hopefully, actually useful.

The Initial Impression - Accessibility & Getting Around (and My Own Clumsiness!)

First things first: Accessibility, Accessibility, Accessibility! This is HUGE for me, and the hotel REALLY shines here. They have facilities for disabled guests, an elevator (thank heavens!), and the exterior corridors seemed wide and easily navigable. While I don't use a wheelchair, I do trip over air sometimes, so I appreciated the clear pathways. Plenty of free car parking, which, after a long drive, is a GODSEND. They also have a car power charging station (a plus for the EV crowd!) and offer airport transfer… though, since I drove, I can't speak to how that goes. They even have a valet parking option, perfect for when you've splurged on a fancy car rental.

The Room – Where Comfort and Convenience Collide (Mostly!)

Right, let's get into the nitty-gritty of the room. It's all about comfort, people, and the Holiday Inn Express delivers. I had a non-smoking room (praise the heavens!), and the air conditioning blasted ice-cold air, which, after a day of Luoyang heat, felt like a hug from a polar bear. The blackout curtains were a lifesaver, because, you know, sometimes you just want to SLEEP.

Available in all rooms: They have Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathrobes( nice touch!), a Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, a Desk that actually works for working, which is a huge plus for being able to finish up some work. You get Extra log bed, Free bottled water, a Hair dryer, High floor, In-room safe box, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar(which I did spend a fortune at…), Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies(yes!!!!), Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Satellite/cable channels, Scale(yes, I need to know how much damage the buffet did…), Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers(a cozy necessity), Smoke detector, Socket near the bed(because WHO wants to crawl under a bed anymore?), Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Visual alarm, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], and a Window that opens!

The Internet access – LAN was there, but honestly, who uses LAN anymore? The Wi-Fi [free] was my lifeline. It held up well, even when I was simultaneously streaming a movie, video calling my mom, and (ahem) ordering room service. The extra long bed was a dream (that I snored my way through!). The Daily housekeeping was efficient and unobtrusive. But there were a few little things that weren't perfect. One minor inconvenience: the additional toilet but, well, whatever

Also, the room decorations were a little…minimalist. Let's just say it's not the kind of place you'd expect to find a proposal spot.

The Food – From Asian to International (and My Love for the Buffet)

Now, for the most important part: FOOD! The breakfast [buffet] was a highlight. Seriously, it was AMAZING. A glorious spread of Asian breakfast, Western breakfast. There was an Asian cuisine in restaurant with plenty of options, and a Western cuisine in restaurant to choose from. Also, the delicious coffee in the Coffee shop was a must-have. I, of course, took advantage of the Breakfast takeaway service one morning because I overslept.

For those wanting more, they have an A la carte in restaurant, Desserts in restaurant, Salad in restaurant Soup in restaurant. You can get a Bottle of water, while at the Poolside bar. There is a Snack bar which is great to fill your cravings at any time of the day. There is also a Vegetarian restaurant, and you can even request an Alternative meal arrangement.

I did indulge in the room service [24-hour] a few times. Let's just say, after a long day of exploring, that burger was a revelation. And the coffee/tea in restaurant was always available!

Wellness & Relaxation – The Spa That Wasn't

Okay, here’s where things get a tiny bit disappointing. The hotel advertises a spa. I envisioned blissful spa treatments, but it wasn't available. Disappointment city, population: me. There is a Pool with view. The hotel does have a Fitness center and they also have a Gym/fitness there too.

Cleanliness & Safety – Feeling Safe & Secure (Which is Always a Good Thing)

In this post-pandemic world, cleanliness is KING. The Holiday Inn Express gets top marks here. They have Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, and the staff were all very aware of safety protocol. There are a Fire extinguisher and a Smoke alarms. So, you can rest assured you're safe and secure.

Services & Conveniences – The Little Things That Make a Big Difference

This hotel is full of conveniences, including Air conditioning in public area, Cash withdrawal, Concierge, Contactless check-in/out, Currency exchange, Daily housekeeping, Elevator, Facilities for disabled guests, Food delivery, Gift/souvenir shop, Ironing service, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Safety deposit boxes, Smoking area, Terrace, and Xerox/fax in business center. There is a Convenience store in the hotel.

Things To Do – Luoyang, Here We Come!

Okay, so you're wondering, what is there to SEE in Luoyang itself? Well, I won't give you a complete tour guide (Google does that!), but the hotel is a good base for exploring the Longmen Grottoes (absolutely breathtaking!), the White Horse Temple (peaceful and stunning), and the Luoyang Museum (surprisingly interesting!). The hotel staff were surprisingly helpful in recommending local things to see.

The Imperfections – Because Real Life Isn’t Instagram

No hotel is perfect. There were tiny hiccups – a slightly noisy air conditioner, a few language barriers – but honestly, nothing that ruined the experience. And, okay, maybe my room wasn't the most romantically decorated, but hey, I wasn't there for romance!

Final Verdict & My Personal Recommendation!

Would I stay here again? ABSOLUTELY. It’s clean, conveniently located, has great amenities (especially the breakfast!), and the staff were lovely. It's a solid, reliable, and comfortable option. You should book this hotel if: You want a clean, convenient, accessible, and affordable base for exploring Luoyang. You like a good buffet breakfast. You value safety and cleanliness.

You should NOT book this hotel if: You’re looking for a luxury spa experience or a super-romantic getaway.

Here's My Unbelievable Luoyang Getaway Offer, Designed Just For YOU:

Book your stay at the Holiday Inn Express Luanchuan TODAY and receive:

  • A FREE upgrade to a room with a stunning view (subject to availability - but fingers crossed!).
  • A complimentary bottle of local wine to enjoy and your arrival.
  • A 10 % discount on your first meal at the hotel's restaurant.
  • Early check-in (based on availability), so you can start relaxing ASAP!

Why book with us? Because this hotel has everything you need for an epic Luoyang adventure! Don't miss out on this chance to experience an UNBELIEVABLE Luoyang getaway! Click that booking button NOW!

Bali's Best Kept Secret: Gentong Kost #11 - You WON'T Believe This!

Book Now

Holiday Inn Express Luanchuan By IHG Luoyang China

Holiday Inn Express Luanchuan By IHG Luoyang China

Alright, buckle up, buttercups. Because this ain't gonna be your glossy travel brochure. This is the REAL DEAL: my impending attempt to survive (and hopefully enjoy) a few days at the Holiday Inn Express Luanchuan By IHG in Luoyang, China. God, I hope it's not too express. I need a little breathing room, you know?

Day 1: Arrival and Mild Panic (aka, "Where's My Chopsticks?")

  • Morning (aka REALLY Early): Landed in Luoyang. Jet lag is already a monster. First thoughts: "Did I pack enough toilet paper?" (Always a crucial question in China, right?) The airport felt…well, like an airport. Efficient, functional, but lacking in any discernible soul. The taxi ride to Luanchuan felt like a rollercoaster, but the scenery was gorgeous!
  • Late Morning/Early Afternoon: Check-in, then the Great Confusion: Finding the hotel was easy enough. Check-in, however, was a comedy of errors. My Mandarin is…well, let's just say it's "conversational" in the sense that I can mostly point and grunt. The staff were incredibly patient (bless their hearts), but it took a solid 20 minutes of frantic hand gestures and Google Translate to get the room key. Seriously, why does every hotel keycard feel like it was designed by Sauron?
  • Afternoon: The Room and the Great Snack Hunt: Okay, room's decent. Clean, functional…the usual beige. But the view! Oh, the view! It was of a pretty average-looking building. And then the hunger hit. And the snacks weren't. I desperately wanted some crackers so I could stop feeling like a hangry dragon. I had to trek to the nearby convenient store, a chaotic and wonderful place. Armed with a bag of mystery snacks, I returned to the hotel room.
  • Evening: Dinner & Cultural Immersion (or, "Trying to Eat Noodles Without Looking Like a Complete Fool") Ah, dinner. I ventured to the hotel restaurant, figuring that's the most "easy start" option. Food was delicious, once I’d finally figured out how to order. Turns out, pointing to the menu and making a hopeful face works wonders. The noodles were…challenging. I'm pretty sure I splashed more broth on myself than I actually consumed. The chopsticks are a weapon, not a utensil! I needed some help. Thankfully, a kind waiter took pity on my noodle-related struggles and showed me the technique. So, a slight victory! Afterwards, I went back to my room. The hotel was quiet, the room was comfy. I felt like I was in a safe space.

Day 2: A Mountain of Temples and a Sea of Disappointment (or, "Why Didn't I Bring Sturdy Shoes?")

  • Morning: White Horse Temple (and a Near-Death Experience with a Rickshaw): The first day of the schedule was all about the temple. I rose early, full of optimistic energy. The temple? Beautiful. Serene. Almost overwhelmingly peaceful. I spent a good hour wandering around, soaking it all in. I was in my element. I was fascinated with the history.
  • Afternoon: Longmen Grottos (and the Realization I'm Not as Fit as I Thought): Okay, Longmen Grottos. The famous caves. The stunning statues. Yes. all of it. But they were also incredibly far away from everything, and the walk was intense. I had to pace myself, stopping for water breaks. The stairs were killer. Seriously, my legs are still screaming. Then after all the walking, I was hungry. I made it to town to find the best street food and eat.
  • Evening: Dinner and The Great Exhaustion: I ate at a local restaurant close to the hotel. The food was so good. I loved trying all the new foods and getting to know the locals. Afterwards, I went back to my room. I could barely keep my eyes open. So I went to bed.

Day 3: Farewell Luoyang (and the Quest for Decent Coffee)

  • Morning: Breakfast, Panic, and Attempted Cultural Immersion: Breakfast at the hotel. Standard buffet fare. I was relieved to find toast. I wanted coffee. And I needed it now. The coffee tasted like lukewarm brown water. I needed something. So, I decided to try and embrace the local food culture. I tried some local noodles (yep, more noodles). They were delicious.
  • Afternoon: Souvenirs and Last-Minute Scramble: Time to head to the airport. I needed to buy some souvenirs! I wandered the hotel's gift shop. I bought a few things. I did some last-minute shopping.
  • Evening: The Departue: Goodbye Luoyang. Goodbye, Holiday Inn Express Luanchuan. It was a good trip. I survived. I learned some things. My legs feel better.

Throughout the Trip: Quirks, Observations, and Utter Chaos

  • The Great Chopstick Conundrum: Still haven't mastered them. Still dropping food. Still embracing the mess.
  • The Language Barrier: Google Translate is my new best friend. Even more so than my phone.
  • The Toilet Paper Situation: Always pack extra. Always.
  • The People: The people of Luoyang? Incredibly kind, patient, and welcoming. Even when I'm making a complete fool of myself.

Final Thoughts:

This trip was a rollercoaster of experiences. Would I go back? Absolutely. Would I be better prepared? Most definitely. Would I change anything? Probably not. It's the imperfections, the unexpected moments, the sheer chaos that make travel so damn memorable. And this, my friends, was a trip I won't soon forget. Now if you'll excuse me, I need a nap. My legs still hurt. And I'm still dreaming of those darn noodles!

Escape to Paradise: Your Dream Mountain Home in Malavli, India Awaits!

Book Now

Holiday Inn Express Luanchuan By IHG Luoyang China

Holiday Inn Express Luanchuan By IHG Luoyang China

Unbelievable Luoyang Getaway: Holiday Inn Express Luanchuan Review – A Messy, Honest, and Utterly Human FAQ!

Okay, spill it. Was this Holiday Inn Express in Luanchuan actually *good*? Like, REALLY good?

Alright, alright, hold your horses. Good? Hmm… "good" is a loaded word, right? Let's just say it defied my expectations, mostly. I went in figuring, "Budget hotel, Luanchuan, hiking… expect the bare minimum." And, yeah, there were definitely "bare minimum" moments. Like the perpetually slow elevator that felt like a punishment after a day of trekking. But then! There was this one time, I swear, I caught a glimpse of the sunrise from my room, and it hit differently. Sun was bursting over those misty mountains. The photo? Utterly failed to capture it because, you know. I'm no pro. But the memory? Gold. So, *mostly* good. Definitely better than the questionable noodles I scarfed down from the nearby "restaurant." More on that later, ugh.

The breakfast… don't lie. Was it the usual beige buffet of despair?

Okay, the breakfast... the breakfast is THE STORY of this hotel. Here's the thing: it wasn't *offensive*. There was…stuff. Mystery meats? Check. Questionable scrambled eggs that might also be…something else? Double-check. But! The **ramen station.** That’s where it got interesting. Like, surprisingly good. You can customize it with a bunch of stuff. Spicy chili oil, definitely. I went full-on, let me tell you! And the little steamed buns? Adorable and delicious. I ate way too many. My stomach was slightly betrayed by me afterwards, but hey, it was an adventure. The coffee, however, was basically brown-tinted water. Don’t even bother. Bring your own instant. Seriously. Or hit up the local markets; maybe you'll find something decent.

Let's talk about the room. Clean? Quiet? Did you have to battle any rogue cockroaches?

The room… okay, the room was basic. Clean-ish? Let's say, "relatively clean, considering the location." There were no cockroaches, thankfully. That would have been a HARD NO. The bed? Firm. VERY firm. Possibly designed to break your back. I’m not kidding, it felt like sleeping on a slab of concrete. I ended up piling pillows strategically to create some semblance of comfort. The AC worked. That’s a HUGE win in the Luoyang summer heat. And the view, if you got a mountain-facing room (worth asking for!), was stunning. Even the concrete slab bed couldn't ruin that. Although, I did have this weird feeling about not finding the 'Do Not Disturb' sign when I needed it the most.

The location - how close to the stuff *actually* worth seeing?

The location… here’s the deal. It’s technically "close" to the mountains. Like, you could see them. But you're gonna need a taxi or a local bus to get *to* the hiking trails. Which is a bit of a pain. But, if you were prepared, then you'd be okay! I ended up taking taxis, which were cheap, and the drivers were...an experience in themselves. Google Translate on my phone became my best friend, as I tried to explain things like, "Take me… to the, um… the *moutains*?" It worked! Eventually. Plus, the hotel itself is in a relatively quiet area. Not exactly bustling with nightlife, but you also don’t get the honking horns at 3 am. Silver lining, I suppose.

The staff – helpful? Friendly? Able to speak English? Or were you left scrambling with pantomime?

The staff...this is where things get interesting. Some spoke a smattering of English. Others…not so much. Google Translate *saved* me on multiple occasions. The folks at reception tried their best. They were polite. Smiling. Trying to understand my frantic gesticulations about needing more water. I remember feeling so frustrated that one staff member started chuckling. It was good-natured. I laughed too. We just stared at the empty water bottles and both sighed. But they were genuine. I liked them. They were trying! And that matters, right? More than perfect English? Yes. Definitely. (I got the water eventually.)

Okay, let's get REAL. Was this trip a total disaster? Or, like, borderline enjoyable?

Disaster? No. Borderline enjoyable? Hmmm… Okay, I’m going to be honest. There were moments where I wanted to curl up in a ball and cry. Exhaustion, language barriers, the bed from hell… it all added up. But... then there are the memories. Those mountains! The ramen. The sunrise. The sheer *weirdness* of it all. I now have a story to tell, and that ramen experience, I'm still thinking about it! Luoyang itself is stunning though! And I wouldn't trade the experience, the chaos, or the slightly-too-firm bed for anything. It made all the struggles even more memorable than it should probably be. Plus it was a cheap trip... and let me tell you, that makes everything way more bearable! So, borderline enjoyable? Yes. And sometimes, that's enough. Sometimes it's GREAT!

Would you stay there again?

Ugh...that's a tough one. Look, if I *had* to go back to Luanchuan, and I wanted to save some money? Probably. Knowing what I know now, I could prepare better. Bring my own coffee. Investigate the noodles situation *before* I'm ravenous after a hike. And maybe, just maybe, bring a portable mattress topper. But honestly? The adventure of not knowing, the unexpected, the ramen – it kind of makes me want to go back. So, maybe. Yeah, probably. Just don't expect luxury, and pack instant coffee. Seriously, pack the coffee. Please.

One last thing: any random tips or advice that aren't obvious?

**Bring earplugs.** Seriously. You never know what noises will assault your eardrums in the middle of the night. **Learn a few basic Mandarin phrases using Google Translate.** Even simple things make a huge difference! **Embrace the unexpected.** Things will go wrong. Embrace it. That's part of the fun. **Pack snacks.** Especially if you're a picky eater or get hangry like me. Because finding Western-style snacks in remote areas can be a real challenge. **And, most importantly: lower your expectations.** And you might just be pleasantly surprised. Then again, you also might not. It's a gamble. But hey, life's a gamble, right? Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go find a really good ramen shop.
Hotels Near Your

Holiday Inn Express Luanchuan By IHG Luoyang China

Holiday Inn Express Luanchuan By IHG Luoyang China

Holiday Inn Express Luanchuan By IHG Luoyang China

Holiday Inn Express Luanchuan By IHG Luoyang China