Escape to St. Augustine: Adults-Only Centennial Carriage House!

Carriage Way Centennial House - Adult Only- Saint Augustine St. Augustine (FL) United States

Carriage Way Centennial House - Adult Only- Saint Augustine St. Augustine (FL) United States

Escape to St. Augustine: Adults-Only Centennial Carriage House!

Okay, buckle up, buttercups! Because I'm about to take you on a wild ride, a review so brutally honest, so gloriously messy, about Escape to St. Augustine: Adults-Only Centennial Carriage House! it’ll make your eyeballs spin. Forget the bland, sterile hotel reviews you're used to. This is the real deal. This is me, unfiltered.

First off, let's be real. The name alone – "Escape to St. Augustine: Adults-Only Centennial Carriage House!" – sounds like something out of a romance novel. And honestly, a tiny part of me hoped it would live up to that. Spoiler alert: It does, with a few, well, quirks.

The Grand Tour (or, The Great Room Shuffle)

Okay, so the accessibility situation. Let’s be frank. This is a carriage house. Old. Charming. Probably not ideal for a wheelchair. I mean, "Facilities for disabled guests" are listed, but the website is vague – always a red flag, right? I didn't personally experience this aspect, but if mobility is a serious concern, call them directly. Don't rely on my rambling. My rambling might be more fun, but not always accurate.

Now, for the good stuff! And trust me, there's a lot of good stuff.

The Rooms (My Kingdom for a Mini-Bar!)

We’re talking Air Conditioning in every room thank GOD. You’ll be sweating buckets in St. Augustine, and that's a fact. Also, thank the travel gods for the Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! (it’s like…the basics of life now, right?). Free bottled water – nice touch. Bathrobes which are pretty much mandatory for a spa trip. And oh, the blackout curtains! Absolute heaven!

My room? Absolutely gorgeous. The decorations were to die for. The extra-long bed was a definite win. I may or may not have spent an embarrassing amount of time sprawling dramatically on it, feeling like royalty. And the mini-bar (sadly not there) – I really missed you. I also would really have appreciated the additional toilet.

Oh, The Spa! (My Holy Grail)

Okay, here's where I really lost it. The Spa/Sauna. And the Body Scrub. I mean, come ON! And a Swedish Massage? I'm a sucker for those. I walked in a stressed-out mess, and floated out feeling like a new person. Now, I've been to a lot of spas, and this one…this one felt different. It felt intimate. And because of the "adults only" policy, it felt…peaceful. No screaming children! No awkward small talk! Just bliss. Pure, unadulterated bliss. Okay, so the Steamroom could've been a little bigger (I almost bumped into a meditating dude, mortifying for all involved), but still. Seriously, RUN (don't walk!) to the spa. It's worth every penny. And did I mention the foot bath? Heaven on earth.

Food, Glorious Food (And the Occasional Stomach Rumble)

The dining situation? Hmm. There are Restaurants and a Coffee Shop. A Poolside Bar! And the holy grail, Room service [24-hour]! (Winning!) The breakfast [buffet] was decent – standard stuff, but they had some seriously good pastries. I think I ate an embarrassing amount of those. They also have Breakfast in room and a Breakfast takeaway service for the days you just want to stay in your fluffy robe. A Vegetarian restaurant is included in some of the options. And Desserts in restaurant, well, let's just say my willpower failed miserably. Okay, I did have an amazing salad in restaurant one time – a nice little respite from the sweet stuff. There is also Asian cuisine in restaurant, Western cuisine in restaurant with soup, snacks, and a la carte dining.

My only minor gripe? Occasional stomach rumbles from delayed meals. The Staff trained in safety protocol, and the setup was all very safe, but the preparation took a while.

Things to Do (Or Not!) and Ways to Relax

Okay, so St. Augustine is packed with stuff to do: history, beaches, ghost tours, you name it. But this place? It’s designed for relaxation. And I embraced it. Hard. I spent a lot of time by the Swimming pool [outdoor], which had a view. (Yes, a view! It was pretty dreamy.) The Fitness center was great but honestly, after all the spa sessions and desserts, the only exercise I was getting was waddling to the pool. The Sauna was amazing, and the Pool with view was what dreams are made of.

Cleanliness and Safety (Because, You Know, We Need That)

This place gets serious points for cleanliness and safety. Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Rooms sanitized between stays, Staff trained in safety protocol – they're taking it incredibly seriously. I felt safe. And in today's world, that's huge. They had Hand sanitizer everywhere, and Individually-wrapped food options, perfect!

The Little Things (That Really Matter)

  • Daily housekeeping - bless them!
  • Free Wi-Fi - seriously, essential.
  • Elevator - (good to have…or not, depending on your room)
  • Concierge – super helpful.
  • Cashless payment service – always a plus.
  • Luggage storage – perfect for lazy checkouts.

The Quirks (And There Were a Few)

Now, no place is perfect, right? And that's okay. I mean, life's messy, and that's what makes it interesting. So, here were a few "quirks" I encountered:

  • The internet (while free and available) occasionally hiccuped (but was quickly resolved).
  • The parking situation was slightly chaotic at times, even though there was Car park [free of charge].

The Verdict? (My Chaotic Conclusions)

Escape to St. Augustine: Adults-Only Centennial Carriage House! is a gem. It's charming, it's luxurious, and it's perfect for a relaxing getaway. Yes, it has its quirks, its minor imperfections, but those only add to its character. This place is more than a hotel; it's an experience. It's a place to unwind, to indulge, to maybe even rediscover yourself.

My Final, Unedited, Emotional Rating: 5 out of 5 Stars (with a side of pure bliss and a longing for the mini-bar!)


Here's My Compelling Offer, Designed to Get You Booked!

Tired of the Chaos? Escape to Bliss at Escape to St. Augustine!

Are you craving peace? Dreaming of a romantic getaway? Dying for some serious “me time” away from the screaming kids and the endless to-do lists?

Then pack your bags (and your fluffy robe!), because Escape to St. Augustine: Adults-Only Centennial Carriage House! is calling your name!

Here's Why You NEED This:

  • Adults-Only Atmosphere: Experience the ultimate peace and quiet. No screaming kids, just pure, unadulterated relaxation.
  • Luxurious Rooms: Sink into plush bedding, bask in the glow of blackout curtains, and enjoy the convenience of modern amenities.
  • The Spa of Your Dreams: Indulge in soul-soothing massages, body scrubs, and a sauna experience that will leave you feeling reborn.
  • Gourmet Delights: Savor a delicious breakfast, tantalizing dinners or grab a snack in a poolside bar.
  • Prime Location: Enjoy steps away from all St. Augustine has to offer, explore historic sites and stunning beaches.

But That's Not All!

Limited-Time Offer: Book your stay at Escape to St. Augustine: Adults-Only Centennial Carriage House! now and receive a complimentary bottle of champagne upon arrival!

Don't wait! Space is limited, and the best dates are filling up fast. Click here to book your escape to paradise today! (Insert a link to the booking page here)

This is your chance to escape the ordinary and embrace the extraordinary. Book now, and experience the magic of Escape to St. Augustine! You deserve it.

(P.S. Tell them I sent you. Maybe I'll get a free massage next time!)

Dubai's HOTTEST Bedspace: Business Bay Prime Location!

Book Now

Carriage Way Centennial House - Adult Only- Saint Augustine St. Augustine (FL) United States

Carriage Way Centennial House - Adult Only- Saint Augustine St. Augustine (FL) United States

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because this isn't your meticulously planned, Instagram-perfect itinerary. This is me trying to survive a few days at the Carriage Way Centennial House in St. Augustine, Florida. And honestly? I'm more likely to misplace my keys than perfectly stick to a schedule. But hey, adventure awaits, right? (And probably a whole lotta coffee.)

Day 1: Arrival, Awkward Greetings, and the Quest for Unpretentious Breakfast

  • Morning (8:00 AM -ish, depending on my internal clock's state of rebellion): Ugh. Travel. The glamour. Wake up. (Okay, technically, wake up eventually. I hit snooze… a lot.) Drag myself onto the train (a slight disaster, almost missing it because I was busy staring into the abyss that is my suitcase). Try not to look like a disheveled tourist. Fail.
  • Morning (11:00 AM): Arrive in St. Augustine! The air smells of… well, I don't know yet. But sun, maybe? The Centennial House looks… pretty. Like, suspiciously pretty. Hope it’s not too bougie. I'm not exactly a "pearls and polite conversation" kind of gal.
  • Afternoon (12:00 PM): Check-in. The innkeeper (gosh, what’s her name? Did I even listen?)… she’s lovely, but my brain is still half-asleep. The room is gorgeous. Think: fluffy pillows, a clawfoot tub big enough to swim in, and sunlight streaming in. I swear, for a moment, I considered just staying in the room forever.
  • Afternoon (1:00 PM): Wander around. Get ridiculously lost. End up at a tiny, slightly-falling-apart sandwich shop. The kind with sticky tables and a grumpy but secretly-nice owner. Order a sandwich, which is amazing. Eat it with absolutely no shame. Observe the locals -- they all seem to have this laid-back, "I live here" vibe that I desperately crave.
  • Afternoon (3:00 PM): Stroll towards the historical district, vaguely in the direction of something. Encounter a cobblestone street that makes me want to break out my best (non-existent) historical drama acting. Nearly trip. Catch myself. Think, Yeah, this is gonna be a day.
  • Afternoon (4:00 PM): Find a little coffee shop. The coffee is strong. The people-watching is excellent. Pretend to read my book (okay, I do read some), but mostly just watch the world go by and eavesdrop on conversations. Learn that apparently, everyone here is either an artist, a pirate, or a ghost hunter. (I'm leaning towards the latter.)
  • Evening (6:00): Dinner? Oh crap. I didn't make a reservation. Oh well. See that little Cuban restaurant? Let’s try it. Probably totally over-dressed. Order the ropa vieja (because, you know, cultural immersion) and spend the next hour questioning all my life choices (mostly in my head, I hope).
  • Evening (8:00-ish): Back at the inn. Admire the gorgeousness of my room. Decide on a nice, long, luxurious bath. The kind with bubbles and a good book. Bliss.

Day 2: Double Down on the Ghost Hunting (and the Food!)

  • Morning (Whenever): Wake up feeling… vaguely refreshed. The clawfoot tub delivered. Breakfast at the inn. Fancy! I think. I'm still not entirely sure how forks work.
  • Morning (10:00 AM): Okay. I’m going ghost hunting. Seriously. Because, you know, St. Augustine. I find the most enthusiastic tour. Our guide is a woman named, I think, Delilah. Delilah. She’s got the ghost know-how. The tour! The haunted buildings! The EMF readers! The suspense!
  • Morning (12:00 PM): Back at the Inn. Need a drink. Or two. Or three. Okay, maybe more. Not gonna lie, I’m still a sucker for good, old-fashioned, human-induced hauntings.
  • Afternoon (1:00 PM): Lunch. Gotta eat! I discover a deli. The best deli. Giant sandwiches with names like "The Pirate's Booty" and "The Ghostly Grub". My stomach is thanking me.
  • Afternoon (3:00 PM): Okay, maybe one more ghost tour. Delilah is, after all, a character. Plus, I can’t deny it, I’m completely hooked. This time, a different route, focusing on the more… spirited locations. (Yes, I went there.)
  • Evening (6:00 PM): Dinner. Back to that Cuban restaurant. Or maybe… another Cuban restaurant? I'm on a quest for the perfect Cuban sandwich. It’s a serious undertaking.
  • Evening (8:00 PM): Back at the Inn. Reflect. Maybe I do believe in ghosts after all? Or maybe I just really like a good story and some excellent company.

Day 3: Final Day, Final Meals, and the Bitter Sweet Goodbye

  • Morning (8:00 AM): Breakfast. Sigh. It’s my last day. Where did the time go? I’m kind of falling in love with this place.
  • Morning (9:00 AM): A quick visit to the Castillo de San Marcos. History! Sort of. Mostly, I just wander around, marveling at the fact that people actually built this.
  • Afternoon (11:00 AM): One last lunch. I am on a mission. Need this perfect Cuban sandwich. Success is within my grasp. Or at least, within my stomach's grasp.
  • Afternoon (1:00 PM): Wandering. Just… wandering. Trying to soak it all in. The sun, the air, the general, quirky weirdness of it all.
  • Afternoon (3:00 PM): Check-out. Reluctant goodbye. The innkeeper gives me one of those knowing smiles. I can't help but feel a bit sad to leave.
  • Afternoon (4:00 PM): Back on the train. Exhausted. Slightly hungover. But happy. The city had its hooks in me.
  • Evening (Whenever I get home): Unpack. Sigh. Back to reality. Until next time, St. Augustine. You beautiful, haunted, sandwich-filled gem.

This, my friends, is the unvarnished truth. The messiness, the imperfections, the sheer, glorious humanness of a trip. And you know what? It was perfect. Even with the trip-ups, the missteps, and the questionable food choices. Because that's how the best adventures are made.

Kota Kinabalu Airport: 5-Min Luxury Studio for 3! (K-Avenue Comfort)

Book Now

Carriage Way Centennial House - Adult Only- Saint Augustine St. Augustine (FL) United States

Carriage Way Centennial House - Adult Only- Saint Augustine St. Augustine (FL) United States

Escape to St. Augustine: Centennial Carriage House - The Lowdown, Baby! (Maybe Don't Expect Perfection)

Okay, Spill. Is This Place *Really* Adults-Only? Like, No Tiny Humans Running Around Screaming? Because That's the Dream...

YES! Praise the heavens! Look, I love kids… from a distance. And let me tell you, after a *very* hectic year, the promise of a kid-free zone at the Centennial Carriage House was basically my siren song. And they DELIVER. Bliss. Absolute, unadulterated bliss. No screaming, no sticky fingers on the antique furniture, just… peace. Pure. Freaking. Peace. My sanity meter is still recovering, and I think it might be permanently better thanks to them. You know, you *think* vacations are relaxing until you're battling another human for the last chicken nugget at 7 am.

Centennial Carriage House? Sounds... old. Is it, like, falling apart old?

Okay, fair question. It *is* old. Like, *St. Augustine* old. Built in the 1800s, apparently. And yes, there are quirks. Let's just say the floors *creak* a lot. And the stairs? Well, they're not exactly made for people who’ve had more than two margaritas (hypothetically speaking, of course). BUT – and this is a big BUT – it's charming! Think romantic, historic, and definitely not cookie-cutter. The owners clearly put a lot of love (and probably a lot of money!) into keeping it well-maintained. It's not sterile hotel-level perfection. It's *real*. And you know what? That's part of the appeal. I prefer a little character over a clinical experience any day. Though... maybe wear earplugs if you're a light sleeper! The history can be a bit chatty at night...if you get my drift...

The Rooms – Dish! What’s the Vibe? Cozy? Luxurious? Should I pack my tiara?

Cozy is the word. Think… antique furniture, comfy beds (yes, even for a side sleeper like me!), and a general sense of… relaxation. There's a beautiful, massive clawfoot tub in the bath. Seriously, I almost didn't leave. I mean, you could *live* in that tub. And no, you don’t need a tiara. Unless you *want* to wear a tiara. There's something seriously romantic about the place, like walking into a historical romance novel. But, it’s not stuffy. It's comfortable. It’s the kind of place where you can actually unwind and feel like you're on a real vacation. I’m pretty sure I spent an entire afternoon just reading on the porch swing, lost in a good book. It was pure, unadulterated bliss. My phone might have even been off. Might have.

St. Augustine in General - What's the Deal? Is it All Tourist Traps and T-shirts?

Okay, real talk. St. Augustine *does* have tourist traps. Let's be honest. But it's also got *so much more*. It's got incredible history, gorgeous architecture, and seriously good food. The Carriage House is right in the heart of things, so you can easily wander around. Try to dodge the crowds. Seriously, get up early. The shops are fun to browse, and the history is fascinating. I mean, the Castillo de San Marcos is mind-blowing! I even attempted to learn something about the Spanish Conquistadors. Emphasis on *attempted*. Suffice to say, I was slightly distracted by…other things, like a particularly delicious ice cream cone. Just go. You'll find your own fun.

Breakfast, Breakfast, Breakfast! Is there a good breakfast situation? I NEED to know.

Oh. My. God. The breakfast. Alright, buckle up. This is where the Centennial Carriage House truly shines. It's not just *good*, it's… an experience! Seriously, the owner’s a trained chef and the breakfasts are incredible. They're served in the main dining room, and the atmosphere is just lovely. One day, I had the most amazing French toast I've ever tasted (I'm a French toast connoisseur, by the way). The next, it was a savory quiche that… I still dream about. The presentation is gorgeous, and the ingredients are fresh. I mean, I'm practically drooling just thinking about it! It’s a reason to get out of bed early, trust me. It beats the heck out of a stale continental breakfast at a chain hotel. This breakfast alone is a significant reason to book a stay. And I am not exaggerating. The freaking breakfast.

Parking! Because, you know... it's a thing.

Parking in St. Augustine can be… challenging. Let's be polite. But the Centennial Carriage House? They've got parking! On-site, even! (Praise be!). It’s not a massive lot, so it’s best to check with them beforehand about availability. You can also walk to lots of stuff, which helps avoid the parking nightmare altogether. Just be prepared for some potentially brisk walks back and forth. St. Augustine is all about walking, but the convenience of parking at the property makes things so much easier.

Any Gotchas? What Should I Watch Out For?

Alright, a few things…
  1. **The Creaky Floors:** I mentioned this before, but seriously… they CREAK. Earplugs. Pack them. Unless you are a fan of the symphony of wood.
  2. **The Stairs:** If you have mobility issues, those steep, old stairs might be a challenge. Check with them ahead of time!
  3. **The Mosquitoes:** It’s Florida. Mosquitoes. Bring bug spray. Trust me. I learned the hard way. My ankles still itch.
  4. **The "It's Always Busy" Factor**: St. Augustine is always buzzing, and it's not going to get less so. Book ahead and be prepared for crowds at key tourist sites.
Other than that? Just… relax. And enjoy. Seriously, just enjoy it.

Best Tip I should know before booking?

Book the Carriage House, but also prepare for a truly authentic experience. It's not a gleaming hotel. It's a window into history. That means quirks -- and sometimes, those quirks can make you smile. Oh, and another tip. While you are sitting in that tub... grab a glass of wine. You'll be thanking me.
Book Hotels Now

Carriage Way Centennial House - Adult Only- Saint Augustine St. Augustine (FL) United States

Carriage Way Centennial House - Adult Only- Saint Augustine St. Augustine (FL) United States

Carriage Way Centennial House - Adult Only- Saint Augustine St. Augustine (FL) United States

Carriage Way Centennial House - Adult Only- Saint Augustine St. Augustine (FL) United States